Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2016 4:29:18 PM EDT
Anyone used corbon's urban response 9mm load? I originally looked at it 8-9 months ago, and was wondering if anyone has tried it.

It's very similar to the Pow'rBall load - 100 grain bullet with polymer ball, rated at 1475 fps - but slightly different in makeup. My CM9 really likes the Pow'rBall, but the Urban Response is substantially lower cost, and I'm curious about this newer load as a similar option.

Fwiw, I've chrono'ed the pow'rball at 1292 fps out of the tiny CM9, 1375 fps out of my glock 26, and 1463 out of my glock 19; so I don't doubt the 1475 is realistic from a full-size gun. Don't know if the urban response genuinely matches those numbers or not.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you concerned with overpenetration?  Reducing the chances of overpenetration, and feeding if your gun won't feed HP's reliably, are the only real advantages of the powerball-style projectiles.
I much prefer their DPX line for carry.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing that I'm curious about is that the UR load is marketed as a faster-expanding version of the powerball, which imo has to mean even further reduced penetration in the trade-off. I do have greater concerns with overpenetration than some do, and I can live with the 11"-13" typical gel penetration of the pow'rball; but if the UR is much less than that, I'm not real keen on the idea.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top