Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2016 2:37:23 PM EDT
Question for guys or Gals that have experience with this stuff. I am down to 2 .45 pistols. One is a Springfield Armory 1911 Stainless loaded that I've had since the late 90s. It has been through Springfield's Performance shop to the tune of about $1000.00 worth of custom work. It is very finicky about what ammo it shoots. The other is a Sig 1911 RCS. Very nice gun, and seems to shoot most ammo well. My question is: What have your experiences been with Silver Bear zinc plated cases with a bi-metal 230 gr. round nose bullet? I have always kind of stuck to brass ammo, but am curious about this kind of Russian ammo. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only shot it through a single action Ruger (Vaquero) and haven't had any problems with it in that application.

I don't shoot steel through my Colt 1911s.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The only steel cased ammo I have ever seen that has problems are Tula and Silver Bear. Wolf or Brown Bear, I have yet to see a problem with.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
No experience in pistols, but it's all I usually shoot in my .45 AR SBR.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advice. I think I might just stay with brass stuff & reload it.

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I fired a few boxed through my Kimber, no problems.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Question for guys or Gals that have experience with this stuff. I am down to 2 .45 pistols. One is a Springfield Armory 1911 Stainless loaded that I've had since the late 90s. It has been through Springfield's Performance shop to the tune of about $1000.00 worth of custom work. It is very finicky about what ammo it shoots. The other is a Sig 1911 RCS. Very nice gun, and seems to shoot most ammo well. My question is: What have your experiences been with Silver Bear zinc plated cases with a bi-metal 230 gr. round nose bullet? I have always kind of stuck to brass ammo, but am curious about this kind of Russian ammo. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
View Quote

I keep a supply of it. Shoots great in my Colt and Springfields. Shot some today.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Never hurts to buy a box and see how it runs through your gun. My springfield loaded runs steel ammo just fine, Tula usually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top