Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 5:11:06 PM EDT
Atlanta Arms has come out with a 115 gr .380.  I bought a box and ran them through a Keltec P-3AT.  No performance problems, easy to control.  800 fps approx.

http://atlantaarms.com/380-t-d/

I have always felt that the momentum of a heavy bullet is an advantage.  Gelatin does not have a breastbone!  So unless I hear about issues, I'm inclined to carry these when I have to digress to the .380.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks interesting.  Do you know of any tests with this round?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks interesting.  Do you know of any tests with this round?
View Quote

Nothing. All I know is what is on their Web site and the fact that I ran a couple of mags through a Keltec and they worked fine.  But with a 115 gr bullet it's like a down loaded 9mm Luger.  At the muzzle it's like a 9mm at 200 yards.  But from an energy standpoint, it's not too far off a Corbon .380 90gr.  It's just that the extra weight gives more momentum.  Since I've been carrying 90 gr. ball, I guess the potential for expansion is a bonus.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
380 will never be 9mm Luger.

In my opinion there's no reason to use a too heavy for caliber bullet when the 90 gr XTP seems to do alright in 380.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
380 will never be 9mm Luger.

In my opinion there's no reason to use a too heavy for caliber bullet when the 90 gr XTP seems to do alright in 380.
View Quote

Lol.  Concur entirely.  380 will never touch the 9mm Luger.  Normally, I carry .45 ACP.  However when I have to drive a "4-cylinder," I am trying to wring as much out of it that I can!

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting. It will be interesting to see how/if they expand in gel.
Also, I wonder if these are just loaded with the same 115gr Hornady XTP's that are typically found in 9mm, or if they are a completely new design.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Very interesting. But I doubt it will open up. A 100-105 grain going 900-950fps may expand. It seems that the current 90 XTP is a good balance of penetration with a little expansion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top