Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 10:25:26 PM EDT

Pretty sure you can only find this as surplus components nowadays, but let's see how it does against level IIIA :D

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Great video. Thanks for making and posting it.
Were these handloaded or was it original surplus ammunition?
I understand that the original Czech ammo has a pretty bad history of primer failures.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This brings back memories of over 3 decades ago.  The Czech 9mm was readily available and was cheap.  It was also old, and not very reliable.

But, it would penetrate!  It not only penetrates Kevlar well, it would do a good job on steel, (cold rolled, and not real thick, but thick enough to stop Dirty Harry's .44 Mag).

And, as mentioned, it looked like it would be effective on werewolves.  I would expect full penetration in that scenario also.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I understand that the original Czech ammo has a pretty bad history of primer failures.
View Quote
These were handloads. I had the original source in the video, but dude freaked out for some reason, and asked me to remove his business name from the video. :)

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

These were handloads. I had the original source in the video, but dude freaked out for some reason, and asked me to remove his business name from the video. :)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because it's illegal to load/sell "AP" ammo to the public, outside of specific exemptions (M2AP, etc).

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What powder/charge did you use? If you don't mind me asking.
I wouldn't think the projectiles would be any problem to sell. Especially since the ammunition itself is perfectly legal, according to the national law, for non-ffl's to buy/sell.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wouldn't think the projectiles would be any problem to sell. Especially since the ammunition itself is perfectly legal, according to the national law, for non-ffl's to buy/sell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it's probably a gray area. I mean there were a ton of reloading sites selling Ss190 pulled bullets a few years ago, so these would be no different.

5gr of titegroup

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah it's probably a gray area. I mean there were a ton of reloading sites selling Ss190 pulled bullets a few years ago, so these would be no different.
5gr of titegroup

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5gr of titegroup

A couple differences: SS109/M855 bullets are not considered AP, by law (same with M2AP, and some .50 bullets) They are specifically exempted. Other AP bullets are not given the same leeway.

The bullets themselves are perfectly legal to own, shoot, etc (Fed wise, local law may differ). But an ammo manufacturer cannot load old AP bullets, and sell the completed ammo to non LE/Mil. He also can't manufacture new AP bullets and load them for civilian sales.

The way you worded it, sounded like you purchased reloaded ammo from the guy. Which wouldn't be legal. If you bought the component bullets, and loaded them yourself, that would be legal. As would making your own AP bullets for your own use.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This brings back memories of over 3 decades ago.  The Czech 9mm was readily available and was cheap.  It was also old, and not very reliable.

But, it would penetrate!  It not only penetrates Kevlar well, it would do a good job on steel, (cold rolled, and not real thick, but thick enough to stop Dirty Harry's .44 Mag).

And, as mentioned, it looked like it would be effective on werewolves.  I would expect full penetration in that scenario also.
View Quote

It was also corrosive as hell.  At least the stuff I had.  Might still have a few rounds laying around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

5gr of titegroup

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5gr of titegroup

Thanks.  HS6 might allow you to eek out a little more velocity than titegroup, but not a lot.
Wow, loose SS190 bullets? I did not know that. It must have been a real boon for people reloading for their PS90s and Five-seveN's.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd probably delete the video and post
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'd probably delete the video and post
View Quote
Why?

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A couple differences: SS109/M855 bullets are not considered AP, by law (same with M2AP, and some .50 bullets) They are specifically exempted. Other AP bullets are not given the same leeway.

The bullets themselves are perfectly legal to own, shoot, etc (Fed wise, local law may differ). But an ammo manufacturer cannot load old AP bullets, and sell the completed ammo to non LE/Mil. He also can't manufacture new AP bullets and load them for civilian sales.

The way you worded it, sounded like you purchased reloaded ammo from the guy. Which wouldn't be legal. If you bought the component bullets, and loaded them yourself, that would be legal. As would making your own AP bullets for your own use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5gr of titegroup

SS190 as in 31gr 5.7x28mm bullets. Similar construction to SS109/M855; Steel tip, but has an aluminum core. It's jacket weight is over 25% the total weight of the projectile and could be argued is larger than .22 cal :O. But you're right, I bought the pulled bullets and then handloaded them myself.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks.  HS6 might allow you to eek out a little more velocity than titegroup, but not a lot.

Wow, loose SS190 bullets? I did not know that. It must have been a real boon for people reloading for their PS90s and Five-seveN's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5gr of titegroup

Yeah. They sell for like a $1/bullet now. They were super cheap when they first hit the market. You can get 3400 + fps from them in 5.56/16" barrel

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I had known about that. I don't even own anything in 5.7x28, but I would have picked up a bunch of those bullets anyway. Just in case I ever do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top