Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 9:28:13 AM EDT
I'm looking to start reloading for my 357 snub nose. This is my first real revolver, I don't count the 22's, and I'm not sure what bullet weights I should be looking into. I plan to plink with 38 and run medium load 357's for defense.

What projectiles and weights do you all recommend for both plinking and carry ammo?

Should I look into similar weight projectiles for the 38 and 357 to try and keep poa/poi consistent? My plan is for the revolver to be a backup gun so I want to run enough rounds through it to put it through it's paces before it goes into service. The revolver itself is a EAA Windicator, not the greatest but when I pull the trigger it goes bang everytime.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
158 for plinking and 135 for serious.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
For plinking, basically anything. Wadcutters, Semi-wadcutters, plated, lead, etc etc etc. Find what works best for that revolver.

For defense, try and get your hands on some Speer 135gr GDHP-SB or some Barnes 110gr XPB bullets.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For plinking, basically anything. Wadcutters, Semi-wadcutters, plated, lead, etc etc etc. Find what works best for that revolver.

For defense, try and get your hands on some Speer 135gr GDHP-SB or some Barnes 110gr XPB bullets.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm pretty sold on Speer Gold Dots for any caliber I can get them in, just wan't sure of the weight to go for. Now to try and hunt some down, along with the 147gr 9's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Lead cast 158gr loaded to 38 Special data is my preferred "plinking" load  

Missouri Bullet Company

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top