Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2015 9:46:55 PM EDT
Anyone shoot this? I've heard varying things about the expansion of these. Was curious if anyone had any first hand knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]

I tested these against water, and got no expansion from a 4.95" barrel.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tested these against water, and got no expansion from a 4.95" barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBCotBV1KXo

View Quote

I saw that video. That's why I'm questioning the ammo. Thanks for posting that up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If it won't expand in water, it definitely won't expand in people.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#4]
So why no expansion? Design flaw?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lack of velocity? I would imagine these were designed for pistols though?

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I could find is that they were made for the UZI supposedly. There is one Youtube video(barely) of 20 seconds showing a shot through ballistic gelatin. They don't however show the recovered round. Was curious about it since the price point is fairly good for hollow point. I've been looking for a good defensive round for my 9mm's and have pretty much settled on Federal HST in either 124 or 147 gr. I am willing to look at other products if the performance is there. I've read good thinks about there 115 gr. FMJ, and figure I get some for range use, but not much review/info regarding the EX STAR.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this the same round loaded in the blue and white Independence boxes being sold at Academy sports?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is this the same round loaded in the blue and white Independence boxes being sold at Academy sports?
View Quote

Yes they are. The box even states it's made in Israel. Interesting note is the the cases are stamped with F C. I don't know who made the cases (possibly IMI themselves), but it definately wasn't Federal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top