Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:01:13 AM EDT
I haven't been able to find anything anywhere.  Does anyone even make match grade .45 ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Off the top of my head,
federal gold medal match
asym precision
and i'm thinking black hills HAS to have something

Making me think I should get a few boxes of them for my 1911 and see what it can do
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It's never been easy to find and has always been a small market.  Right now the ammo manufacturers are doing all the can to put out (a) cheap blasting ammo and (b) defensive ammo.  Match ammo isn't even on the radar.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Winchester made the ranger in fmj for a while but I haven't seen it around recently.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Off the top of my head,
federal gold medal match
asym precision
and i'm thinking black hills HAS to have something

Making me think I should get a few boxes of them for my 1911 and see what it can do
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
You can, if you learn how to reload.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still working off lots of my old Lake City MATCH .45ACP from "the good ole days," back in the 1970s.

Paid $8/box of 50 and I thought it was high, but I bought a ton. It's served me well punching paper and other items.It was stored in climate controlled bunkers and is still packed in the .50cal cans. All Remington brass (no crimp) and yes, the brass is still AOK--not brittle. Had it tested first.

Accurate as all get out (one MOA @50 meters) in my Colt Gold Cup, way down to my cheap-assed Turkish import .45ACP and everything in between: SIG, GLOCK, PARA, RUGER, whatever.

I tried selling some to  a buddy at $8 a box and he declined and looked at me like I was crazy. The more fool him.

If you can find some, get it IMHO.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Wilson Combat shows both 200gr. and 230gr. Match ammo in stock.  Uses the Hornady HAP bullet, which is a modified XTP design.  They got rid of the expansion elements and pulled copper up over the nose and into the hollow tip, promoting excellent reliability.  From what I've heard this is really accurate stuff.  Very low SD numbers.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]

For what type of "match'?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]

N45185JHP; 45 ACP JHP Match AMU; 45ACP-185gr-JHP-MAJOR; Box $ 25.75; Case $ 515.00

http://www.atlantaarms.com/product-category/ammunition/match/45-acp-match/

Using Nosler bullet and brass made in America to our specifications, this is designed for extreme accuracy at 50 yards. This ammo is currently used by the Army Marksmanship and Marine Corps Service Pistol Teams. It is also used by some of the top PPC shooters in the world. The accuracy requirement for this ammo is 5 ten-shot groups at 50 yards, with an average group size not to exceed 2.25 inches when shot from a test fixture.

SPORT: Bullseye. Army Marksmanship & Marine Service Pistol Teams; PPC Matches

45 ACP JHP Match AMU
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top