Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2015 6:44:09 PM EDT
Hey guys.
Just got a bunch of .40 s&w ammo in a trade.

Some of it is Blazer and some of it is Blazer brass.

I know the blazer has aluminum cases and the brass has, well, brass.

But is one better than the other? If so, why?
What are any differences?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The Blazer brass is much better.  Well first the brass case sets it apart.  It is far more accurate and never had one feed issue with it.  The aluminum cases I had feed issues and they bent easily.  I have a few thousand of the Blazer brass for my 40.  I love the stuff for training. It's my number one round until I move to hollow points.  Gun is a HK USP.

ETA:  I guess in my mind Blazer aluminum is a cheap plinking round but the Blazer brass is a mid to higher class training round.  I'm sure some may not call it higher end but to me it's a great round with exceptional accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear HK's can be picky....
I only use Glocks & each ammo type works fine out of my 40's. I see zero difference. But I prefer brass so I buy brass.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only use Glocks & each ammo type works fine out of my 40's. I see zero difference. But I prefer brass so I buy brass.
View Quote

My compact wasn't at all but my full size can be. The aluminum case Blazer and WWB it has problems with.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My compact wasn't at all but my full size can be. The aluminum case Blazer and WWB it has problems with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had issues with WWB in my SIG when I first got it, haven't shot any in it in about 5-6 years. Usually shoot federal in it and it likes that. Most stuff it eats without question including aluminum cased Blazer. My kimber doesn't seem to mind aluminum case so far with the one box i have shot through it. Doesn't like steel case so far as of yet. Aluminum case federal is about $1 cheaper than the Tulammo stuff so no need to buy that stuff.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had issues with WWB in my SIG when I first got it, haven't shot any in it in about 5-6 years. Usually shoot federal in it and it likes that. Most stuff it eats without question including aluminum cased Blazer. My kimber doesn't seem to mind aluminum case so far with the one box i have shot through it. Doesn't like steel case so far as of yet. Aluminum case federal is about $1 cheaper than the Tulammo stuff so no need to buy that stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really think they changed something.  That's all I used to shoot but the past few years I can't even get one mag to cycle completely.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I really think they changed something.  That's all I used to shoot but the past few years I can't even get one mag to cycle completely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I have used some in my kimber and my brothers sr1911 with no real issues other than being dirty. My SIg has never really liked it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not in my experience, my USP 45 has fired about 400 rounds of Federal aluminum 45 without a hiccup.  (I believe it's the same company is Blazer) (ATK)

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey guys.
Just got a bunch of .40 s&w ammo in a trade.

Some of it is Blazer and some of it is Blazer brass.

I know the blazer has aluminum cases and the brass has, well, brass.

But is one better than the other? If so, why?
What are any differences?

Thanks!
View Quote

Besides the obvious, there's really on difference in performance or quality.

Just remember that some firearms just don't function well with some types/brands of ammo. That doesn't make those brands "bad".

I've used the Blazer alum ammo in many calibers for decades and never had an ammo related problem. I still have 4K+ of Blazer 9mm and several hundred in various calibers from .25 up to .45 Colt.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot TONS of Blazer in my 380s, sorry no experience in 40. But I honestly dont see any difference in the 380, aside from the brass case is re loadable. Honestly Blazer either aluminum or brass is my go to.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not in my experience, my USP 45 has fired about 400 rounds of Federal aluminum 45 without a hiccup.  (I believe it's the same company is Blazer) (ATK)  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct, ATK owns Speer wich is the parent company of Blazer and Independence in Lewiston Idaho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top