BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 10:13:28 PM EDT
Here are some pics I took: http://imgur.com/a/H32jS

Yes, that is a 36-round stripperclip.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Swedish training ammo.  Only the BB in the front heads down Range.    There is supposed to be a specail barrel for them and not using it wil let the BB bounce down the barrel.  

otherwise it might be god in a derringer type pistol just for fun.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#2]

I believe this was designed for the Swedish K subgun.  There's a 5mm bb encased in plastic for the projectile.  There was a special barrel used to make it accurate.  There were barrels made for the Uzi as well that were designed for this stuff.  You could shoot it in the regular barrel, but it wasn't very accurate and probably wasn't good for the barrel.

This stuff used to be super cheap - something like $27/case of 900.  The 36rd stripper clips were popular with the Uzi guys since there was a speed loader that could use them for regular 9mm ammo.  As far as I know the supply dried up a while ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a Swedish training round as others have mentioned. At one time, it could be found at extremely low prices. I think I paid less than five cents a round for some several years ago.
I have shot dozens of rounds out of Glock pistols before. It has enough power to reset the trigger, but not to clear the case from  the chamber. In a Glock 17  the bullet comes out as a solid, single projectile. I have pulled them whole from berms and bowling pins in the past.
Supposedly, some firearm barrels break up the plastic and cause the steel bb to bounce around inside, ruining the rifling after only a handful of rounds. So, if you decide to shoot them, do so with great caution.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Never heard about this stuff before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top