Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 2:34:01 PM EDT
I've seen published velocities for it listed at 1270, 1150 and 1050. it has the most recoil and muzzle flip of any .40SW load I have ever tried but i dont have a chrono and my ammo is at least ten years old.

180Gn HST feels like bunny fart loads in comparison.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I chronoed some recent production last year. I don't have my notebook in front of me, but I remember power factor was 189 from a Glock 35.

That would be an average of 1110 fps.

Before I was handloading 40 for USPSA the Federal Range Target 165gr (white box,) was the most pleasant to shoot. It was about a 172 PF, FWIW. Oddly, American Eagle 165gr 40 is much hotter.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot some Tula today. Felt like 9mm compared to the Fiocchi 170Gn (Major) FMJTC

Buying a case of this stuff was stupid when my only forty is a lightweight polymer frame compact.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top