Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2015 10:52:40 PM EDT
Just woundering if anyone has had a chance to play with it.

there are some great video on youtube reviewing it. So far I have heard good things about it and what wondering if there are any other owners of this ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it. Even the milder loads are worthwhile fun.

I will say though.... disassemble your 1911 460 Rowland ( for cleaning ) while wearing a face shield or at the very least good safety glasses... those heavier then normal recoil springs will "launch" with much more force then normal. I have taken to using a large card board box for that exercise , so chasing down the springs is easier... Lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it. Even the milder loads are worthwhile fun.

I will say though.... disassemble your 1911 460 Rowland ( for cleaning ) while wearing a face shield or at the very least good safety glasses... those heavier then normal recoil springs will "launch" with much more force then normal. I have taken to using a large card board box for that exercise , so chasing down the springs is easier... Lol
View Quote

Do you imagine your self buying one for a double stake auto like a glock or xd. the only catch is that you have to do break the thread lock every time to clean it. I thought about buying a another xd 45 tactical and starting from there. standard mag would be 13 rounds of 460 rowland plus one . but to add the agp extension to it and now you have a 16 world or pain round count with one in the chamber .

I was wondering if some took the bullets out of the hst 45 and loaded it into a 460 rowland case. now that would be a nice test review to see. specifically a gel block test.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is on a steel framed Para Ordnance double stack.

Remember the .45 HST bullets are designed for standard .45 ACP velocities, so those would probably not penetrate as far as normal in a .460 Rowland., due to excessive expansion right of the bat.

On the other hand Hornady .45 ACP XTP's do expand better then normal.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know that fact about the HST, thank you about that fact. This would be nice to see about the xtp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top