Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 1:59:44 PM EDT
Freedom munitions reman 115g 9mm good to go? Just plinking ammo?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't shoot their reman anymore, but have had no issues with their new. See my experience here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent plinking ammo. Use it all the time in all of my 9's.  Maybe had 2-3 out of a thousand that didn't go bang first time around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
i shoot their new 9mm ammo, probably 5-6k so far. I found the reman ammo to be weakly loaded and inconsistent.
The 40 s&w reman seems fine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
They are g2g never had a issue
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Never had a problem with any of their ammo, reman or not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to be in the "never had an issue" camp with FM reman ammo, but I've shot through about half of the last batch of 500 rounds of reman 124gr fmj's and have had 3 squib loads. I don't even think there was any powder in any of them, primer only. I won't be buying their reloads anymore. I'll just pay the extra $15-20 per 1000 for the new stuff. My go-to plinking ammo is aluminum cased federal at wall mart when I can find them on the shelf. FM is my backup source.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My experience matches 21S.

The first case I ordered from them were GTG, then the quality started to slip and I began experiencing lightly loaded rounds.  Never had a squib, but some just seemed to dribble out of the barrel and had noticeably
less recoil.

Never tried their new stuff as I can get The Federal aluminum cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to shoot it but I've moved to their 124gr.

If you shoot USPSA their advertised specs (115gr @ 1050) make it sub-minor.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The first case I ordered from them were GTG, then the quality started to slip and I began experiencing lightly loaded rounds.  Never had a squib, but some just seemed to dribble out of the barrel and had noticeably
less recoil.

View Quote

Could you share your source with me? I'm looking to pick up about 500 rounds.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I just go to Wal Mart any buy it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

less recoil.

I get mine at wally world also, it is always in high demand though so it is often out of stock and the one store has a three box limit.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I've used a few 1000 reman from Freedom in past with no problems, but nothing recently.

Re: new v. Reman: It seems ("about us" that they use the same loading equipment for new and reman, so I would think if there is any issues with low or missing powder drops the issue would be the same across the board  I don't think I 've seen anyone post about issues with the new, but makes me wonder since it appears the only difference is the brass the process starts with.

Also, in addition to the Aluminum 9mm at Walmart mentioned above, you can also get Perfecta 9mm for $10.77/box.  That has had good reviews on here.  I haven't shot any, but bought 1000 rounds and my stepson shot 150 of them and said it functioned fine.  Same price as Freedom reman but no shipping.

I do plan to order some more stuff from Freedom, but probably .40 and .45 since I can't get good prices on that locally.  Internally I am debating new v reman but will lean toward their new.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't like or shoot their reman. anymore - but their new stuff is G2G.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Just bought 750 rounds of their blasting ammo for $138 with free shipping. Will let you know how it works.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I stockpile their 147gr reloads by the 1000 for plinking, they seem to work fine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I stockpile their 147gr reloads by the 1000 for plinking, they seem to work fine.
View Quote

I use this "new" for my MPX. It loves this subsonic ammo suppressed. Tempted to try some 165 they just released I'll have results next week. I've run at this point just <7k 147 new of theirs. Only had one short stroke. Had a damaged shipment from them once where about 250~ rounds were impacted into the case. They resolved that to my satisfaction.

I've run <1500 through a sig and glock of the 115 reman and had two case bulges that FTF.
Ran 500 124 new and 124 reman. Again no issues.
115 new I had one case of a 1000 they all went bang. Groupings were not as nice as gold dots out of my 226. This is plinking ammo for 50 yard or less on steel targets.

Also I advise against ordering more than 1500k and less than 2k in a shipment as the UPS delivery guy will hate you... Basically that comes out to 60-70 lbs and that means no team lift requirement for them so they have to haul that to your door step. They are people to so just order 2500+ or two separate orders of 1k.

I still have ~5k of the new 147 stock piled. I also label them based on ship date so I know the batches. I have found the TMI cases have some odd marks and advise anyone to not use those for reloads.

In all still better avg performance on these compared  to white box Winchester.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I used to be in the "never had an issue" camp with FM reman ammo, but I've shot through about half of the last batch of 500 rounds of reman 124gr fmj's and have had 3 squib loads. I don't even think there was any powder in any of them, primer only. I won't be buying their reloads anymore. I'll just pay the extra $15-20 per 1000 for the new stuff. My go-to plinking ammo is aluminum cased federal at wall mart when I can find them on the shelf. FM is my backup source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've recently had some bad experience with that stuff. I'm worried a malfunction could too easily push the bullet further into the case and cause a kb, at least with the 40S&W I saw this with. Yes, someone loaded up a 9mm with 40SW and tried to use it. Just the power of the slide on the bullet shortened them up a couple mm's. That's dangerous.

Freedom has been good to go through a couple thousand rounds by now, and many others.

Quoted:
Also I advise against ordering more than 1500k and less than 2k in a shipment as the UPS delivery guy will hate you... Basically that comes out to 60-70 lbs and that means no team lift requirement for them so they have to haul that to your door step. They are people to so just order 2500+ or two separate orders of 1k.

It's a lot better with their shipping charges to buy in 1k increments, and the more k's at a time, the cheaper the shipping per case. I always order a couple thousand at a time, but they ship them as two 500rd cases taped together, otherwise 1k per box. Can't imagine any two-man lifts required for separate boxes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I've shot about 15k of their 9mm reman in the last 18 months, I've never had a single round fail to fire...I love their stuff!
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#19]
ran through ~1000 of the 124gr re-manufactured, not a problem

ran through ~700 of the 115gr new, not a problem but noticeably hotter, never shot 9mm that was that hot before, including 124gr +P HST/Gold Dot
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:05:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been shooting their various loads for a cpl of years now, especially the .45 ACP reman, which is GTG.  The 9mm....well, the first 1k I purchased was fine, not great, a little dirty, but fine.  The 2nd order of 2k had brass sizing issues.  The bottom third of the brass towards the lip was belled out and didn't chamber properly.   They did send some replacement ammo, but I'm still stuck with 2k of ammo that doesn't chamber properly, especially in tight chambers like Glock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've recently had some bad experience with that stuff. I'm worried a malfunction could too easily push the bullet further into the case and cause a kb, at least with the 40S&W I saw this with. Yes, someone loaded up a 9mm with 40SW and tried to use it. Just the power of the slide on the bullet shortened them up a couple mm's. That's dangerous.

Freedom has been good to go through a couple thousand rounds by now, and many others.

It's a lot better with their shipping charges to buy in 1k increments, and the more k's at a time, the cheaper the shipping per case. I always order a couple thousand at a time, but they ship them as two 500rd cases taped together, otherwise 1k per box. Can't imagine any two-man lifts required for separate boxes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As was stated in the thread you created, your "bad experience" wasn't with the ammo, it was user error. I'm not sure why you insist on blaming the ammo for a situation you or someone you know caused by loading 9mm ammo in a 40sw firearm and then complaining it didn't function right. It was your fault.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't shoot their reman anymore, but have had no issues with their new. See my experience here.
View Quote

Dang.  I've been shooting their new ammo the past year or so, which has been GTG for me.  About 2K 9mm 124gr and 500 of 10mm.

I just bought 2k of the 9mm 124gr FMJ with the $5 flat shipping this Father's Day weekend.  I thought I'd give the re manufactured go, hopefully my luck is better.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I haven't shot their pistol ammo in a while, but have used their .308, .223, and 50BMG extensively.  It's really good stuff.

John
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I see this thread popped back up.  I did shoot about 50 rounds of the re-manufactured ammo and it was fine.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#25]
give us an update when you are about half a case in please
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
give us an update when you are about half a case in please
View Quote

Unfortunately it will be 3 weeks or so until I can get to a range,  but I'll try to remember to update.

Trying to remember what I shot it in.  The 9mm guns I shot that day were a Scorpion EVO3, Sig P226, and Baretta 92fs.  Shot in two of those if not all 3.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I've shot about 800 rounds of the 200gr .45 out of a FN .45 and I haven't had any functionality issues. Although, I have been getting a lot of unburnt power flakes in my suppressor when shooting this ammo. I also get a lot more blowback to my face compared to Federal AE .45 which is nice to shoot suppressed. Suppressor is Tirant .45.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm mixed about whether I'll be purchasing any more Freedom.  I've fired about 5-6k rounds of theirs, out of my MP9 and Glock 19.

The first 3k rounds fired were either 115gr new or reman, mostly reman.  No issues, I thought I had found a great source of brass ammo.  With that in mind, I purchased 2k rounds of new 115gr for a Costa pistol course.  My friend also purchased 2k rounds.  When I got to the course, I found out another couple down the line had 1k rounds.  

In that 2k lot, I had 4 FTF's.  Gun went click, no bang.  Also, I had 2 rounds that were too deeply seated.  My friend had 6, exactly the same.  The couple down the line had a few, but importantly they had a squib.  Her G19 was down for about 30 minutes until they were able to fix it.  All of us had purchased the same ammo, in a similar time frame.  I've fired roughly 18k rounds between my handguns, and I've yet to experience that many FTF's in the factory rounds in the thousands of rounds I've fired.  My friend is in a very similar situation, he won't touch freedom again.  Since returning from the course, I purchased another 1k of 124gr reman.  Oddly enough, I've fired 700 rounds of that 1k with no issues.

I'm torn - should I just drop the Freedom, spend a few extra bucks and opt for factory ammo?  Or is it just a hiccup on the QC on a particular batch of ammo?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I cannot comment on the 115gr 9mm but I have shot some of the 124gr with good results.  Also, I have had good luck with their reman 158gr .38spl loads in my 686+.  My 686 shot a group that can be covered with a dime at about 10-15 yards with one flyer which was definitely my fault .  If anybody is interested they have free shipping on orders over $100 bucks today.  I've got mine so go get em boys.

ETA:  I actually prefer to shoot cheap steel cased ammo outta my guns but the local indoor range is brass only.  Freedom munitions is about the same price as Russian steel case so it works for me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.  I would rather use factory new ammo even if it is plinking stuff.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you buy FM reman, it IS factory new.

Not sure why people keep misunderstanding what FM does.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#32]
The fact that they have more reported issues with chamber over pressuring and damaging weapons than any other company is enough for me to stay away from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top