Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 9:21:35 AM EDT
There are several threads about Ammunition Supply Company and their overselling M855 recently. This has me concerned about an order I placed with them for Federal P9HST2 on 2-13-15 after seeing a tip in the ammo deal thread here. Has anyone had any dealings with them, good or bad? The only communication that I have gotten from them is the original order confirmation. They charged my CC 2-16-15. When I check the order it shows pending and says that it is in the final stages or has shipped and the order can not be changed. Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but with all the threads about the M855, I wonder if the same thing happened on the HST.

Thanks, Andy

Update: 3-9-15, No refund from ASC, no replies to repeated e-mails and phone calls. To me, the verdict is in, they took money for product they either never had, or didn't have much of. If it was an honest mistake, where are mine and Linc's refunds? I am still waiting for my bank to do the charge back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Scam companies usually don't issue refunds.  While they may be having some issues, I don't think they are a scam.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Purchased from them in the past with no problems.  This last time they held my money for 7 days then refunded. The orders still show pending.  

Something sure went sideways.  I will wait to see how this gets explained before ordering from them again.  At the least they need to get their computer systems fixed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here - ordered in the past. HST shows as pending.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I received this earlier from ASC:

Please excuse the 'in the can' message. We're replying to so many emails, this will help us catch up. Thanks, Shelly

ORDER REFUND STATUS:

We apologize for this inconvenience, but your order from that weekend has been cancelled and your credit card was fully refunded. We apologize for the delay, we are responding to inquiries as quickly as we can. The refunds were definitely done last week. We would have done it sooner, but the credit card companies took the reigns on this because of the EXTREME volume that they were refunding. We are very sorry it is taking so long to post to your account, but they are telling us that depending on your financial institution, it may take an extra day or two (work days) to post.

We are doing everything we can and apologize for your frustration.

Thank You,

Ammunition Supply Company Inc.

I guess that means my order is cancelled and I will be receiving a refund soon. I replied asking for confirmation. Perhaps scammers is a bit strong, but I think really stupid is a fitting description.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
They need better software . At this point live inventory is easy enough to do . No excuse
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Please excuse the 'in the can' message. We're replying to so many emails, this will help us catch up. Thanks, Shelly

ORDER REFUND STATUS:

We apologize for this inconvenience, but your order from that weekend has been cancelled and your credit card was fully refunded. We apologize for the delay, we are responding to inquiries as quickly as we can. The refunds were definitely done last week. We would have done it sooner, but the credit card companies took the reigns on this because of the EXTREME volume that they were refunding. We are very sorry it is taking so long to post to your account, but they are telling us that depending on your financial institution, it may take an extra day or two (work days) to post.

Thank You,

I guess that means my order is cancelled and I will be receiving a refund soon. I replied asking for confirmation. Perhaps scammers is a bit strong, but I think really stupid is a fitting description.
View Quote

I'm the guy that posted the tip here.  I also had no experience with this company.  I have received the same "In the can" email from them.  No ammo, no refund, order pending and cannot modify.  Their phone keeps you in an infinite loop.  I did get an email from them that said my refund was confirmed, but I did not receive any refund.  

I now feel really bad about posting the tip.  I'm sorry to all of you that might be caught in this situation.  I don't think there is any excuse for how this company operates.  I will not order from them again, I promise not to post any more tips from any company I haven't done business with.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting...  I received this email from ASC just now... I wonder if they monitor this board...
--------
"Hi,

We did not realize at first that a portion of the orders from the Friday before the run had been cancelled, but the HST will be available early this coming week, along with other HST calibers. We're SO sorry about all of this, we are just now getting on top of our 'contact back' list.

I tried to call you, but without knowing anything about that phone number, our policy is to not leave a message because people often don't like others to know they buy or keep ammunition / firearms. I hope you will order again - we have a great year of LE inventory coming this year. More HST and more GDHP, plus we have become distributors for the G2 RIP ammo.

Thanks,
Shelly
[email protected]"

--------
I am still not trusting this company until I have the ammo in my hands.  I thought I would post this so that those of you that were caught up in this situation like I was will have at least some info about what's going on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#8]
No problem Linc, I was suspicious of the company, as I suggested in my post in the tip thread, but I "bought" in spite of that. It has been 7 days now since I got the e-mail from ASC saying that I would be refunded. Now I can start the charge back process with my bank. I did not get e-mail saying they will have the HST in stock. I wonder if ASC will have to shut down and open under a new name or not.

Quoted:

I'm the guy that posted the tip here.  I also had no experience with this company.  I have received the same "In the can" email from them.  No ammo, no refund, order pending and cannot modify.  Their phone keeps you in an infinite loop.  I did get an email from them that said my refund was confirmed, but I did not receive any refund.  

I now feel really bad about posting the tip.  I'm sorry to all of you that might be caught in this situation.  I don't think there is any excuse for how this company operates.  I will not order from them again, I promise not to post any more tips from any company I haven't done business with.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ORDER REFUND STATUS:

Thank You,

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I received an email notification from ASC today that 147gr HST was back in stock.

Seeing that they accept AMEX put my fears at ease so I ordered 500 rounds. Figured AMEX would take care of me if things went bad, so no risk really.

5 hours after ordering I received a FedEx tracking number from them. GTG in my book.

ETA- Ammo was delivered yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
mn.........
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't think they are a scam, but are a pretty shitty ran business and I wouldn't order from them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Never got the ammo I ordered.  They cancelled the order after 3 weeks.  I did not receive a refund.  I have disputed the charge with my CC company.

Buyer beware, guys.  I personally will not buy from them.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#13]
See my update above. I am in the same boat, my instincts told me not to order place a large order with an unknown company that I had never done business with before. Shame on me. Other than a charge back, what recourse do I have, call the BBB in that area? WA State's attorney? Any advise?

Quoted:
Never got the ammo I ordered.  They cancelled the order after 3 weeks.  I did not receive a refund.  I have disputed the charge with my CC company.

Buyer beware, guys.  I personally will not buy from them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Not to say I don't believe you, but I'd like to see a picture of the ammo and invoice (with personal info redacted).

Quoted:
I received an email notification from ASC today that 147gr HST was back in stock.

Seeing that they accept AMEX put my fears at ease so I ordered 500 rounds. Figured AMEX would take care of me if things went bad, so no risk really.

5 hours after ordering I received a FedEx tracking number from them. GTG in my book.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent a nastygram to ASC this morning and I just received a call from a very nervous gentleman there. The story he gave me sounded like bullshit, it could be true, but it sounded like complete bullshit. He told me credit had been issued and could I please check again to see if it has gone through, it hasn't. Linc, I have what he says is his cell number,  if you would like it shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I sent a nastygram to ASC this morning and I just received a call from a very nervous gentleman there. The story he gave me sounded like bullshit, it could be true, but it sounded like complete bullshit. He told me credit had been issued and could I please check again to see if it has gone through, it hasn't. Linc, I have what he says is his cell number,  if you would like it shoot me a PM.
View Quote

IM sent - Thanks, Man
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not to say I don't believe you, but I'd like to see a picture of the ammo and invoice (with personal info redacted).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, I would've gladly obliged but the box and paperwork went in the garbage which ran this morning.

Maybe I lucked out. I'm a long time member with perfect feedback here, I wouldn't lie for a company that I have no connection to and have never dealt with.

Best I can do is screenshots of tracking info.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
No doubt you have good cred, it's just that I can't imagine how these morons actually managed to get an order out the door in the midst of the debacle, of their own making. They can't even answer the Fing phone. I'm glad they came through for you, but even they do come through with the credit, they are on my shit list, permanently.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered 4 boxes of Federal HST 147gr 9mm 50 count from them on a whim.

It was the link from likely the same thread.

All 4 boxes arrived Saturday with zero issues.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
In the heat of the panic buying they got shafted by 2 of their wholesalers when a heavy hitter came in and swooped up the ammo they had been committed to receive. They would not say who their wholesalers are nor who swooped in to snake all the ammo. As they could not make it right for all that ordered from them that weekend, they refunded all orders and went on from there... I have since ordered from them and they have delivered. I will continue to buy from them if the price is right for what I am looking for.

Sorry, I only have 33 transactions..but my post-to-transaction feedback is TIGHT!!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In the heat of the panic buying they got shafted by 2 of their wholesalers when a heavy hitter came in and swooped up the ammo they had been committed to receive. They would not say who their wholesalers are nor who swooped in to snake all the ammo. As they could not make it right for all that ordered from them that weekend, they refunded all orders and went on from there... I have since ordered from them and they have delivered. I will continue to buy from them if the price is right for what I am looking for.

Sorry, I only have 33 transactions..but my post-to-transaction feedback is TIGHT!!!
View Quote

Wrong! I am still waiting on my refund and I was not even part of the M855 debacle. My order was placed 2-13-15. Plus, how can they show ammo available for sale that they never received? If you follow any GMPs at all, you do not try and sell something you have not received, that's business admin 101. I have been dealing with someone at ASC on the phone for a few days and he keeps telling me my credit has been issued, but my account says otherwise.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Same here - ordered in the past. HST shows as pending.
View Quote

Hst order deleted off the site - no refund however. Dispute filed. Be ordered from them before with no issues, but there seems to be a significant issue with cash flow or debt with the company. This reeks of a company about to fold.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#23]
One day short of 1 month I received a refund from my credit card company because I filed for a charge back. No refund from ASC. In my book they are scammers that would still have my money if I had waited on them. Perhaps this was all just an inventory screw up, to me at best it was gross incompetence. They will never get my business again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, if this is any indication that website is blocked on my .gov computer. Usually the only thing that's blocked here is websites that feature azz n' titties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top