Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:53:25 AM EDT
Has this gone out of production?  It seems like every place I check is listing it as out of stock and not expected to be available again.  This has been my favorite sub-sonic 22 ammo for some time as it reliably functions my Ruger MK3.  Anyone have good luck in semi-auto pistols with any other brand?

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably still in production. Just like all 22 rimfire it is just hard to find. The usual suspects(CCI SV. WOLF/SK, any target or any subsonic) should work as a substitute. Ruger Mk*'s will shoot about anything in my experience. But CCI Quite, no go for me. Buy any 22 ammo you can find for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Last place I bought it was Cabelas for $10/100 about 3 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Subsonic translates to standard velocity so sub any standard velocity ammo should give you similar results
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Subsonic translates to standard velocity so sub any standard velocity ammo should give you similar results
View Quote

That is not always true.
CCI Standard Velocity is 1070fps. CCI Subsonic (Quiet) is 710fps
Remington Subsonic is 1050fps and I am pretty sure that is tested from a 24" barrel too.

There are several subsonic loading and they are not all created equal. A round at 710fps is definately quieter and 1070fps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top