Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2015 11:17:12 AM EDT
Anyone seen or done any tests on this round in 9mm? I went into a local fleet farm the other day and they had a ton of 115 grain XTP 9mm ammo in the American Gunner line and at $15 per box of 25. I was tempted to buy a few boxes but figured i'd wait and see if I could find any tests (which I couldn't). So is this stuff good, bad, okay or what?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really trying to be a Wiseazz but live up to your screen name and report back.  I my self have not used it nor heard of it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't mind trying someone if I had some ballistic gel or the money to get some gel. Without it, it would seem like a waste.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really trying to be a Wiseazz but live up to your screen name and report back.  I my self have not used it nor heard of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing but repackaged XTP bullets.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah but it has a flag on the box. A flag. On. The box.

I tried some at the range, it is just as accurate as the old Hornady custom ammo that used to be all over the place.

A little expensive for target ammo, and I don't shoot competition, just bought it for the comparison.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't stop anyone from buying Z-MAX (!!!)

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't the Z-Max an FTX bullet? Anyways is the XTP any good or just expensive plinking ammo? If it's decent it may be a good round to stock up on for when I can't get the good stuff. $15 for 25 is hard to beat, at least, for me locally.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Isn't the Z-Max an FTX bullet? Anyways is the XTP any good or just expensive plinking ammo? If it's decent it may be a good round to stock up on for when I can't get the good stuff. $15 for 25 is hard to beat, at least, for me locally.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The XTP is a good bullet. It is not known for rapid or dramatic expansion, but I still consider it to be a nice JHP. I prefer to err on the side of overpenetration rather than overexpansion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top