Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2015 9:50:41 PM EDT
Any good?

Are they bi metal steel jacketed like Tula,  or copper jacketed?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a bunch of it (probably close to 700 rounds) in 9mm and never had a single failure of any kind. It was also pretty dang accurate. I'm not really sure if it is a bimetal bullet or not as I never took a magnet to it and don't have any more on hand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope it's good, I just ordered a case of it in 45 acp from sgammo. Can't beat the price. All the reviews I found of it here were positive.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope it's good, I just ordered a case of it in 45 acp from sgammo. Can't beat the price. All the reviews I found of it here were positive.
View Quote

Please let us know how you like it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Will do, I have heard good things. Should get it this Wednesday and I will take it out the Wednesday after that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not the .45, but I bought the 9mm version from SGA. Shot it for the first time yesterday and function and accuracy were fine. Will say though that while not "weak", it did shoot a little softer than my Blazer 124gn brass, and noticeably softer then my Wally World Federal aluminum stuff. That stuff seems to be loaded hot anyway as the .45 version had as much pop as my 230gn +P HST's.

Look forward to your report on the GECO as I'm thinking of picking some up too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently purchased a case of the 45acp from SG as well...two hundred rounds of it through a Glock 21 and no issues.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not the .45, but I bought the 9mm version from SGA. Shot it for the first time yesterday and function and accuracy were fine. Will say though that while not "weak", it did shoot a little softer than my Blazer 124gn brass, and noticeably softer then my Wally World Federal aluminum stuff. That stuff seems to be loaded hot anyway as the .45 version had as much pop as my 230gn +P HST's.

View Quote

Interesting, everything I heard about GECO was that it's loaded pretty hot. I have a few cases, and shot through two of them so far 9 mm 124 gr and it was definitely not underpowered.

Was yours from the recent Hungarian batch? I have the Swiss produced GECO, but haven't tried any of the recent Hungarian produced batches.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back from the range with my Hungarian .45 GECO, burned cleaned and was loaded hotter than the PMC ammo I shot with it. Definitely will be buying more of it, great ammo for the money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting, everything I heard about GECO was that it's loaded pretty hot. I have a few cases, and shot through two of them so far 9 mm 124 gr and it was definitely not underpowered.

Was yours from the recent Hungarian batch? I have the Swiss produced GECO, but haven't tried any of the recent Hungarian produced batches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes mine was Hungarian. I bought 1K of it,  so maybe my impression will change after more rounds downrange,  but at this time I'm not sure about buying more.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good ammo. It does have a bimetal jacket.
View Quote

SGA lists it as having a non-magnetic projectile. That wouldn't be bi-metal would it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I just shot about 800 - 900 rounds of Geco 124 gr 9 mm - the Hungarian production.

It was definitely not as snappy as the Swiss produced Geco I bought in the past. Accuracy was just as great; clean also. However I did have trouble with it I my P2000. I'm still unsure if this was ammo or gun related at this point. I'll try to compare it side by side with some of the Swiss production this week.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just shot about 800 - 900 rounds of Geco 124 gr 9 mm - the Hungarian production.

It was definitely not as snappy as the Swiss produced Geco I bought in the past. Accuracy was just as great; clean also. However I did have trouble with it I my P2000. I'm still unsure if this was ammo or gun related at this point. I'll try to compare it side by side with some of the Swiss production this week.
View Quote

By the Swiss ammo, do you mean the old white box stuff they used to have, or was it Swiss made in the red boxes that they still use?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#15]
The packaging was red, just like they currently use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top