Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:56:43 PM EDT
Has anyone tried this ammo yet. Wallyworld has it at a great price in 9MM. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Works just fine in my Shield and M&P 9FS. Are those the 100 round white plastic containers? If so, great deal for about $23.

I also shot Tula Brassmaxx in .380 last year. Worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The first 100 pack I bought was fine, but the following 3 packs had several bad primers and out of spec rounds. Pretty inconsistent from round to round, some were loaded very light, some went off with a fireball coming out of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Just came here to post about it.

Bought one yesterday and figured I would try it out last night. Most inconsistent junk ammo I think I have ever shot. One round would feel like a +p+++++ round and the next round would barely cycle the slide of my glock 19. The fireball was unreal. The guy behind me was laughing and the guy on the next lane said it scared the shit out of him when all he could see was a huge flame next to him coming around the wall.

For the $2 I saved, I think I will just buy wwb or federal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive had great luck with this shit. Ive stocked up on about 1000 rounds of it. ITs not the most accurate, but the brassmax tulammo 9 has def been consistent for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
All been g2g for me.  Love the price point
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
tried it once, out of spec round locked up my slide. I would not buy it again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Low powered. Had probs in Gen 4 G19.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:33:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Fired maybe a container of some, no problems.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Heard all the bad stories on the "tubs". Bought a few cause they were cheap. No problems theough a gen 3 g19. And judging by how fast it sells out the general public seems to like it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Have had a number (6 or 7) of duds in both my G17 and XDm. Won't buy it again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought 200 rds. of BrassMax (50 rd. boxes made in Italy) .40 S&W 170 gr. FMJ, a couple of years ago at WM when they had it cheap.
I fired it thru my G27, G22 and Walther P99. It all went bang and functioned 100% but it seemed a little weak compared to Federal American Eagle or Winchester WB ammo.
I haven't seen it lately in my local WM. Haven't seem much of anything ammo wise in my local WM.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought 200 rds. of BrassMax (50 rd. boxes made in Italy) .40 S&W 170 gr. FMJ, a couple of years ago at WM when they had it cheap.
I fired it thru my G27, G22 and Walther P99. It all went bang and functioned 100% but it seemed a little weak compared to Federal American Eagle or Winchester WB ammo.
I haven't seen it lately in my local WM. Haven't seem much of anything ammo wise in my local WM.
View Quote

Not the same stuff at all.  We're talking about the bulk packs that come loose in a white plastic cannister, I think it's Bosnian manufacture.  The bulk packs are wildly inconsistent, lots of out of spec cartridges, locked up a Glock 19, a HK VP9, and a USP Compact tight as a drum.  I ended up having to press the slide against the shooting bench and leaning on the gun with my body weight to get the gun fully out of battery it was locked up so bad.  

Like I said before, the first batch I had was great, and was about the cleanest ammo I had ever shot in my life.  All the packs I bought after that were a significant downward departure from my initial experience, and I'm just not willing to roll the dice with it just to save 2 or 3 dollars over the WWB value pack.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I fired 400 rounds through an ARCUS 98DAC, Glock 17 and Century semi-auto UZI. It all went bang but it seemed to run on the HOT side. The Century UZI really liked it but accuracy/constancy wasn't there. I probably would not buy it again unless I found it at a really cheap price.

ETA- Mine was marked made in Serbia and packaged in the 100 round (loose) plastic jars.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Tubs shot OK for me, more pep than WWB, muzzle flash was pretty high for 9mm 115 ball. I'd buy it again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Just shot 100 rds this last weekend. One round locked the slide up, other than that its fine for plinking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I've shot probably a thousand rounds of it through a variety of Glocks and Sigs without issue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a stupid question for those who have used this ammo at an indoor range, was the flash white or orange / red. I'm asking since the white flash will mess up my vision. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've got a stupid question for those who have used this ammo at an indoor range, was the flash white or orange / red. I'm asking since the white flash will mess up my vision. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I'm going to say orange, and a hell of big orange flash at that.  The indoor range I frequent is pretty brightly lit though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heard all the bad stories on the "tubs". Bought a few cause they were cheap. No problems theough a gen 3 g19. And judging by how fast it sells out the general public seems to like it.
View Quote

Lol... the general public is cheap ! And that is what matters to Tula... the cheaper the better for them. "We" will still buy it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol... the general public is cheap ! And that is what matters to Tula... the cheaper the better for them. "We" will still buy it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I buy it cause its the cheapest unless theres steel cased tula on the shelf. No point spending more than i have to on plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought some to try . It seemed a little inconsistent it all went bang though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top