Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
found about a dozen of these in a bulk box i bought from wally world a year or so ago

knew the corners of the box were smashed a bit - didnt realize they had been hit this hard

should i fo in the glock 22 or sr40 ??

whats the best way to dispose of these safely ?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A set back bullet is unsafe to fire because of pressure increase. You want to blow up your gun ? Be my guest.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A set back bullet is unsafe to fire because of pressure increase. You want to blow up your gun ? Be my guest.
View Quote

dont worry - my sarcastic smiley means im well aware of the danger

somewhere i saw a chart showing how drastic the pressure increased as the bullet was pressed down

cant seem to find it now...

eta: chart
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry about it, just so that you know about it.

Once I had a failure to load in my P250c sw40 that I ejected it out. The bullet was buried in it. It was a Winchester FMJ 165 ammo. I'm glad it didn't chamber but one time I shot a load of the said brand that it seated on me. talk about a kaboom. I was lucky this time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd probably pull the bullets, but read this about setback in .40's

Very interesting, I think....
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Very interesting indeed. The one I fired had a real hard pop to it. Too bad the author didn't measure the recoils from the series of setbacks, that would have been interesting to note.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok see THIS is bullet setback...& THIS is the ammo you should NOT shoot.  The "setback" you get from chambering a rd is perfectly fine to shoot.

But call Winchester & tell them. They will have you send the ammo back & send you a new box.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is an interesting graph from ATK (made by CCI/Speer, I think).

Interesting in that you get a max pressure and then it drops off with more setback....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top