BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a US Property marked 1945 Remington Rand 1911 most of the time. I dont baby it but I'm not about to feed it a bunch of P+ ammo either, and don't have a clue of it would even feed JHP's reliably, so I stick with ball ammo. Don't feel under-gunned either.  YMMV...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Kydex/IMG_3016_zps93988568.jpg
View Quote

Why would you risk that gun being put into an evidence locker?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When I use factory .45 ACP 230 gr. ball ammo, which isn't often any more and not my reloads, I favor 230 gr. Federal American Eagle.
Over the years I have found it to be the most consistent as far as accuracy and velocity.
I'm not talking the Federal Champion stuff found in Walmart or such, I'm talking American Eagle.
View Quote

LGS had some for 16.99. Grabbed a couple boxes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The Federal Aluminum .45 has shot very well for me accuracy wise, I'd use that for woods plinking for sure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
German or Swiss made Geco.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're purposely loading a gun, with which you may have to defend your very life, with known sub-par ammunition because you might want to shoot a pile of mud on a whim someday, and so far in this thread I'm the only one who sees that as colossally fucked up? The whole world's done gone retard on me.    

Yeah, I know - it's totally insane to load your defense gun with the best ammo available.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I switched back to 230gr ball ammo in my 1911 Les Baer TRS 1911.  I have Blazer Brass, Winchester White box, and some Federal.  Which of the three would you carry in your CCW pistol?  Is there a more reliable brand out there in 230 ball?
View Quote

For range shooting I really like Remington UMC.  

I find it to be fairly clean and reliable.  PMC bronze is another good choice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
i like lawman when i can get it. clean and very accurate out of my FNP .45
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Just keep a mag of HP in the gun and have a couple mags of hard ball in mag pouch/pocket for blasting stuff. Best of both worlds. I like having a mag of fmj handy in a shtf situation, the bad guys are gonna be seeking cover after the first mag or two of hp's and fmj is way better for barrier penetration (walls, doors, cars, etc..... Well .223 or 7.62 would be nice about then too)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top