Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2014 4:17:07 AM EDT
Yes I know there is another thread, but this is a bit more of a specific question.

Now before you read this please recognize that some of the green boxes still have the "older" original style ammo using the brass plated projectiles and 3 prong crimp

Does anyone here have both box types? Why I ask....

The White Box has a 3 Prong Crimp and a 123gr brass jacketed Projectile (possibly explaining the 1gr lighter weight)

The Green Box has a circle more standard crimp, claims 123gr Projectile again, but the color of the actual projectile makes me believe it is copper jacketed, and very possibly 124gr.

Which leads to the question. Does anyone here have an old and new box for comparison, and possibly a scale to weight the different projectiles.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
new box.

new crimp.

brass jacket.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Better Picture then the on from google

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top