Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2014 9:40:45 AM EDT
Been wanting some more 9mm 147 grain HST.
All I see now is the stupid priced stuff on Gun Broker, wish the factory would tool up and that would stop some of the gouging.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think it's supposed to be sold to civilians in the 50rd boxes.  

No one is "gouging" if you don't like the price don't buy it.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont think it's supposed to be sold to civilians in the 50rd boxes.  

No one is "gouging" if you don't like the price don't buy it.  
View Quote

Please get your facts straight anyone can but the 50 round boxes, and $1000 for a thousand rounds of 9mm is gouging.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439985272

I buy it at my local dealer for standard price ($25 a box) when in stock all the time.
I guess the 50 round boxes shouldn't be sold to me. LOL

Here is a fifty HST and a twenty Gold dot.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Put your email on the " notify me when in stock"  list and be ready to buy fast when you get the email...

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/50-round-box-9mm-luger-federal-hst-147-grain-hollow-point-le-ammo-p9hst2-limit-4
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Put your email on the " notify me when in stock"  list and be ready to buy fast when you get the email...

http://www.sgammo.com/product/federal/50-round-box-9mm-luger-federal-hst-147-grain-hollow-point-le-ammo-p9hst2-limit-4
View Quote

Yeah I been on it for a while and when it does come in it sells out before I usually check my email.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Federal ATK only has a limited number of production lines for HST.

They have to seasonally rotate between making batches of 115, 115 +P, 124, 124 +P, 147, and 147 +P. It's sad, but ATK contracts means that LE agencies need their specific load at a specific delivery time. You just gotta watch it like a hawk.

Or you can put down a backorder for 147 HST at PoliceHQ and they'll charge and ship as soon as it comes in. More expensive than SGAmmo, but some people can't be glued to their computers all the time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
So how much per round should defense ammo be?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So how much per round should defense ammo be?  
View Quote

Well I don't expect this kind of deal on 147 grain However I would like close to it., But this is some HST I bought a few weeks ago.
If you need to see the whole receipt I can show you the store name and the rest of it.However I'm not broadcasting it for all to see, Its my best kept secret on HST ammo.
These are 50 round boxes in the receipt below, I figured I better show proof so as not to be called a liar. What do you think people should pay for self defense ammo? $1000?

$1000 for 1000 rounds is crazy and a rip (Period).
That's $50 a box, more than twice what I paid in the image below. Here is the link to the $1000 HST.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439985272

face back at ya. LOL

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
P9HST2 is an LE only load, and while it does leak out to the civilian market, the factory (Federal/ATK) often gets very very upset about that and tries to plug up the leaking points within the network. They do that by pulling distributorships from the LE wholesalers that leak product, or make them do drop-ship only which is is a shipment made to the department directly from the factory. This sort of action can vary over time, when business is slow the manufacturer of LE only ammo will turn their head and let it leak because they need to show bottom line profits, but when sales are way they get picky about the rules and start enforcing the rules to pressure the market into buying the 'rip-off boxes' that only have 20 rounds per pack at 2-2.5x the price per round. Right now we are in a marketplace between these two conditions, and if you give it time maybe by next summer they will be willing to turn their head and let it flow again
View Quote

So do you buy your ammo straight from Federal?
If the 50 round HST is law enforcement only, does not Federal get upset with you for selling it?
Who is your distributor if you don't get it directly from Federal?
I don't expect these answers, just poking around some.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
If the ammo sells out everywhere at $1-2 per round...why would they lower the price to an arbitrary "what makes Rockyriver happy" price?  
I am glad you have a secret source of ammo that charges you what you wish, but why not release the store name unless you are scared they will sell out of it?  The free market corrects supply deficiencies with a corresponding market correction in price.  There is no such thing as price gouging.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Reach out for a .357 Sig barrel.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If the ammo sells out everywhere at $1-2 per round...why would they lower the price to an arbitrary "what makes Rockyriver happy" price?  
I am glad you have a secret source of ammo that charges you what you wish, but why not release the store name unless you are scared they will sell out of it?  The free market corrects supply deficiencies with a corresponding market correction in price.  There is no such thing as price gouging.
View Quote

When companies sale their products that are way way above their intended price that is scalping or gouging.
Once the shortage is gone, I try to not do business with them again.
I understand making a small extra profit off a product that is is short supply(but will be avalible soon), but double the price is a rip.
It's not like they are never going to make the 147HST again and it's the last of the Mohicans.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When companies sale their products that are way way above their intended price that is scalping or gouging.
I understand making a small extra profit off a product that is is short supply(but will be avalible soon), but double the price is a rip.
It's not like they are never going to make the 147HST again and it's the last of the Mohicans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The increases in price makes it available to others.  It prevents hoarding.  What is your definition of a small profit?  Why are only small profits OK?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The increases in price makes it available to others.  It prevents hoarding.  What is your definition of a small profit?  Why are only small profits OK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, whats' a bottle of water worth to you right now?  Would you pay more when there's no water and you're thirsty?  Those "gougers" are getting it to people right now, during a shortage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/tds/pd2156820

Instock 147gr $32 a box
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Instock 147gr $32 a box
View Quote

Not now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#18]
That was quick guess I got lucky!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instock 147gr $32 a box

Not now.

That's what happens when someone sells things for below market.  Welcome to the laws of economics.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The ammo is sold through the ATK LE wholesale network, a regionally divided network of distributors who are under contract to sell to law enforcement only. These are businesses intended to only service police officers , police departments, and government agencies and they do the final distribution of the product to the departments for ATK. However they are businesses so some times when cash is tight and they need sales figures to look good then they will sell the stuff to retailers like me and the other guys that you see selling this ammo. It is a spotty, inconsistent flow of this sort of ammo when demand is up because then they do not need guys like me when sales are good. When sales slow way down and inventory backs up then they turn this stuff loose. Realistically estimating, the civilian market will have to wait until next summer for good availability at the soonest.

www.SGAmmo.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

P9HST2 is an LE only load, and while it does leak out to the civilian market, the factory (Federal/ATK) often gets very very upset about that and tries to plug up the leaking points within the network. They do that by pulling distributorships from the LE wholesalers that leak product, or make them do drop-ship only which is is a shipment made to the department directly from the factory. This sort of action can vary over time, when business is slow the manufacturer of LE only ammo will turn their head and let it leak because they need to show bottom line profits, but when sales are way they get picky about the rules and start enforcing the rules to pressure the market into buying the 'rip-off boxes' that only have 20 rounds per pack at 2-2.5x the price per round. Right now we are in a marketplace between these two conditions, and if you give it time maybe by next summer they will be willing to turn their head and let it flow again

So do you buy your ammo straight from Federal?

If the 50 round HST is law enforcement only, does not Federal get upset with you for selling it?

Who is your distributor if you don't get it directly from Federal?

I don't expect these answers, just poking around some.

The ammo is sold through the ATK LE wholesale network, a regionally divided network of distributors who are under contract to sell to law enforcement only. These are businesses intended to only service police officers , police departments, and government agencies and they do the final distribution of the product to the departments for ATK. However they are businesses so some times when cash is tight and they need sales figures to look good then they will sell the stuff to retailers like me and the other guys that you see selling this ammo. It is a spotty, inconsistent flow of this sort of ammo when demand is up because then they do not need guys like me when sales are good. When sales slow way down and inventory backs up then they turn this stuff loose. Realistically estimating, the civilian market will have to wait until next summer for good availability at the soonest.

www.SGAmmo.com
Thanks for the awesome insight as usual

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:03:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been on the backorder list at Streicher's  for a couple months now and don't expect any ammo this year. I just picked up another 9mm last week and would like to run at least a box through it to make sure the gun likes the HST, but I'm down to one 50rd box and four loaded mags to split between the three handguns I've already tested with the HST.. I might just buy some 124gr Gold Dot and hope the new gun likes that stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top