Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2014 1:49:46 PM EDT
Need some info on Federal .22  LR Is it any good?  Any problems with this brand?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty vague question. But here goes. Federal American Eagle 40gr lead round nose= Sucks Ass.

Federal bulk pack .22 = pretty good.

What are you shooting it out of?

Which federal .22?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, the Federal ammo is...36 Grain HP, 745 AC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Auto match is pretty good stuff if it will work your spring.

The Champion .40 lead round nose works very well in my Henry, pretty much the go-to when I can find it. Can't wait for the ammo cans full of it come back
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ok, the Federal ammo is...36 Grain HP, 745 AC.
View Quote
Without looking it up, I believe that to be the bulk pack stuff. I have never had any problems with it and it fires well out of all of my .22's. It's good to go imo.

The fedreal american eagle 40gr lead nose, I have always had trouble with that stuff in the semi autos like the m&p 15-22 and sr22 and m&p 22 etc. I'm sure it works fine in lever and bolt guns.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If it is the 36gr. HP that is sold in the 550 round bulk pack then it is my favorite NON-match .22LR. It consistently operates any gun I own and is accurate enough for 90% of what I need it to do. Though the best thing about it was it used to be cheap. I used to buy it at Wal-Mart for ~$9.37/550rnds including sales tax.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I can purchase 2100 rds of 36 grain .22 lr, said stated ammo from above post for $150.00.   Good deal or not?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably the best deal you will find right now unless you put in a lot of time and effort.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
That is $7.14/100rounds which is not the worst price if you NEED it right now. I wouldn't build an ammo fort at that price but to keep you going to the range it is probably about the least amount of rape as you are going to find, given the current market.

FWIW- I believe prices will eventually stabilize to ~$0.04/round for basic plinking ammo but that may take a while. At least availability has improved. PSA has had an offering of CCI on their site for several days and it is still "In-Stock".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top