Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2014 3:18:14 PM EDT
I bought 2 boxes to try out. It was $9.97 per box of 50. It looks just like Blazer aluminum, just not as shinny. I have not tried any yet. Has anyone seen this or tried it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My WM yesterday had a sign on their ammo case saying their shipment was "late".  My indoor range won't let me shoot it...but for $10/box I may buy some anyway
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Just scored 3 boxes of .22LR and 3 boxes of 9mm. Pretty happy about that, especially the .22 lr.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
WalMart here only had the Fedreal Aluminum in 40 & 45, no 9

They did have the ZQI 9mm, which I hadnt seen yet, only seen the ZQI 556. Didnt buy though, was $12.97 a box and a bunch of online vendors have better prices right now with Labor day sales
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a GD thread on it here.

I've shot some in a couple of pistols.  No issues.  Just generic practice ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My indoor range won't let me shoot it...but for $10/box I may buy some anyway
View Quote

That is stupid.  I would find a new range.  Projos I can understand so as to avoid fire(tracer) or damage(ap).  Cases just speak to the laziness, snobbishness, and brass reselling greediness of your range.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. I'll try some next week. All my Glocks like Blazer aluminum so if it's the same, I'll be happy.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That is stupid.  I would find a new range.  Projos I can understand so as to avoid fire(tracer) or damage(ap).  Cases just speak to the laziness, snobbishness, and brass reselling greediness of your range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My indoor range won't let me shoot it...but for $10/box I may buy some anyway

If the range collects the brass to reload, it can cause problems. You can weed out steel case with a magnet, easy...but you can't do it with aluminum.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks. I'll try some next week. All my Glocks like Blazer aluminum so if it's the same, I'll be happy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets hope the Glocks like it! They all test fire with Blazer aluminum before they leave!

I bought some too. It'll be fine, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought 300 rds of the 9mm for $9.97 and 200 rds of the .45 for $14.97 today. When I first looked at it on the shelf I thought "This is too good to be true"! Then the lady behind the counter said it was aluminum case. I said WTF and blew my bi-weekly ammo budget we'll see how it works!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased 100 rds because of the price and did not realize it was aluminum until I returned to my car. Not a bad price...it should run fine through my 19.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran fine in my g19.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot some of the 45 today. I like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#13]
They've got 45 and 9mm in my local WM.  Possibly 40 as well but I don't shoot forty.  Tempted to pick up a couple boxes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope it's good, I bought three more boxes a few minutes ago. I figured it was the same thing as Blazer since ATK owns Federal and CCI, and I've shot thousands of rounds of Blazer over the years with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I ran a box through my G19 yesterday.
I like it and my G19 likes it
Today I will try to fins some more.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Runs great in my H&K VP9, Sig 229 and M&P Shield
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ran fine in my g19.
View Quote

I will be testing 100 rds on sunday with a G19. Cant wait.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:04:53 AM EDT
[#18]
100+ rounds through the XD, and another 75 rounds of the .45 through my 1911. No issues.

Noticed some flash out of both...

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I would be surprised if it is anything but Blazer in a different box with a different headstamp. Blazer has always worked for me. I bought some of this today or those times when you might be shooting and not want to worry about picking up your brass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]

The 9mm has decent velocity:

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:13:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Shot a bunch of this stuff this evening in my Glock 19. I was shooting right at dusk and noticed it had quite a few sparks coming from the muzzle compared to other ammo I was shooting. For $10 a box I can live with it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Bought a box about an hour ago. Was tempted to purchase the 3-box limit but wanted to make sure it's reliable.

Ever notice the indoor ranges that ban steel and alum. cased ammo are the ones that say anything that hits the floor is theirs?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked up 2 boxes of the Federal 45 alum for 14.50 a box The Federal but in brass is like 25 to 30 bucks See how it works this weekend and if its good to go will be buying more
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't know they had .45, don't think m ystore does. I'll have to be on the lookout.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I've run a few boxes through my M&P 9 and through my girl's Shield and it ran just fine.  For the price perfectly good to go bang at the range.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The 40 ran fine through my 96d and G22. Seems that this is the ammo to use when practicing your shooting techniques.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
So far have only used 45ACP and it worked well through my 21.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Put two boxes through my Walther P99cAS 9mm this past weekend.

Had three failures to extract in the first 30 rounds, then no other issues.

They are pretty clean, and definitely on the hot side for what they are.

At the price I will use them again, but only as range fodder.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Picked up 2 boxes of the Federal 45 alum for 14.50 a box The Federal but in brass is like 25 to 30 bucks See how it works this weekend and if its good to go will be buying more
View Quote

Just picked up some of the aluminum .45acp yesterday myself so I can try out my new 4506. After an initial run of the 9mm alum., both of my local WM's haven't had any more of it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I ran 150 rounds out of my 17 and 34 , ran good and shot as good as I do .
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I've shot the shit out of this over the past 3 weeks.

500 - 600 rounds of 9mm - ETA: G19 and G34

200 - 300 rounds of .45 - ETA: Springer TRP

Bought 4 more boxes of 9mm today at lunch. Its my new plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've shot the shit out of this over the past 3 weeks.

500 - 600 rounds of 9mm - ETA: G19 and G34

200 - 300 rounds of .45 - ETA: Springer TRP

View Quote

Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Walmarts dont seem to be stocking it anymore, just the Federal brass now. Anyone else have that going on?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My Walmarts dont seem to be stocking it anymore, just the Federal brass now. Anyone else have that going on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My walmart has been getting ammo in "waves" Like the factories are only running a few types of ammo for a week or two then switching. (which i know isn't true)

They havent gotten any of the aluminum 9mm in lately, but they have atleast 8000 rounds of the tulabrass maxx 9mm for $24/100. They also got in Winchester T 147gr subsonics for $14.95 a box, which is cheaper then online by $1-3 per box.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I shot about 100rds of 40sw 180gr through a Sub-2000 and it was noticeably softer shooting than some Herters Brass of the same weight.  Is that good or bad?  Also with the Federal aluminum ammo I had a couple of double feeds none with the Herters.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Wife got me three boxes of the aluminum 9mm last night. Have to test it out in a few Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I was at Walmart yesterday to buy a laser range finder when I decided to ask the lady behind the counter if they had any 9mm ammo in stock, to my shock they had plenty. I asked for the cheapest box and she grabbed a box of the federal aluminum stuff. At .20/round for factory new ammo, I bit and bought 5 boxes. I'll be shooting this out of a M&P 9, hopefully this Sunday. I've only shot brass out of this gun so no idea how this will perform out side of the limited reviews I've read/watched which all seem to say is GTG. If it stays at this price and they can keep it stocked, it will be my go-to ammo for plinking and range time. Assuming of course my gun can go through the 5 boxes I already have without issues.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would be surprised if it is anything but Blazer in a different box with a different headstamp. Blazer has always worked for me. I bought some of this today or those times when you might be shooting and not want to worry about picking up your brass.
View Quote

I think it is just repackaged Blazer. It's packaged the same as Blazer and the bullets and primers look exactly the same. I compared it today to some Blazer Brass that I picked up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Just picked up some more of the .45acp for $14.97 at Wally World.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I put another 100 rounds through my 1st. gen P99 on Sunday.

Ran great.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I've shot a lot of this stuff over the last two weeks. Both 9mm and 45.

No problems to report. It's flashy in low light and is a little dirty but nothing to write home about.

At the current prices I'll be buying a lot more.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#43]
It works in my Gen1 Glock 17 and Gen2 Glock 19. Its cleaner than some 1990's vintage Blazer I compared it to. It appears to use the same plated bullets as the federal champion line.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Bought two boxes the other day to try. If it works in my beretta then I plan to buy a ton. Walmart had plenty ( very cool to be able to say that ).
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think it is just repackaged Blazer. It's packaged the same as Blazer and the bullets and primers look exactly the same. I compared it today to some Blazer Brass that I picked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may be right. IIRC, CCI and Federal are owned by the same company, ATK.

Bought another 250 rounds today, I need to run some before I buy any more though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Got to shoot 100 rounds of the stuff today, it's good to go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:06:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Went through 100 rounds also my last time out at the range. No problems out of my M&P 9

I did notice it had a different odor then any other ammo I've used (I've only used brass/nickel plated prior to this) and it's ejection pattern was a bit different to, shooting up and to the rear or nearly straight up vs off to the side. It was a little distracting having the cases either fall on my head or hit my eye-pro but other than that it was just fine. Accuracy didn't seem any better or worse than other bulk 9mm ammo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Went through 100 rounds also my last time out at the range. No problems out of my M&P 9

I did notice it had a different odor then any other ammo I've used (I've only used brass/nickel plated prior to this) and it's ejection pattern was a bit different to, shooting up and to the rear or nearly straight up vs off to the side. It was a little distracting having the cases either fall on my head or hit my eye-pro but other than that it was just fine. Accuracy didn't seem any better or worse than other bulk 9mm ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What were you shooting it out of?

I shot it through a beretta 92fs, accuracy seemed to be slightly better than wwb, and a hell of a lot better than the Tula I usually shoot.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I shot it through a beretta 92fs, accuracy seemed to be slightly better than wwb, and a hell of a lot better than the Tula I usually shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M&P 9
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

M&P 9
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M&P 9

Sorry, saw you had posted that earlier. Maybe the lighter weight of the aluminum cases caused it to eject different?

I plan to run a couple boxes through my cz and sd9 then buy as much as I can afford.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top