Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2014 9:45:43 AM EDT
I picked up a couple thousand rds of brass max in the little 100 rd jars from walmart a couple months ago, and yesterday broke in a new hk expert 9 with it. It grouped pretty good, but it seemed like the recoil changed on some shots, under power feeling. I've used the brass max in the paper boxes and don't recall the different recoil. No jams or malfunctions just a different feel. Anyone else notice this? It would be interesting to crono the ammo and see what's actually going on.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
My Glock 19 and Ruger P95 both choked on the stuff in the plastic tubs. It is made in, I think, Bosnia. They ran the boxed stuff made in Italy just fine. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot some awhile back to try out, worked fine, didn't notice anything odd.  I would shoot it again happily if I didn't reload.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I did a post on this stuff.  It wouldn't run reliably in my g26 or my diamondback db9.    Shot 200 rounds 3 days ago, 3 failures in my glock.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I picked up a couple thousand rds of brass max in the little 100 rd jars from walmart a couple months ago, and yesterday broke in a new hk expert 9 with it. It grouped pretty good, but it seemed like the recoil changed on some shots, under power feeling. I've used the brass max in the paper boxes and don't recall the different recoil. No jams or malfunctions just a different feel. Anyone else notice this? It would be interesting to crono the ammo and see what's actually going on.
View Quote

The difference you're feeling is probably because they are two different manufacturers. The ammo in the 50 round boxes are made by Fiocchi and the 100 round plastic cans are made in Boznia-Herzegovina, possibly at the Igman factory.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot off about 200 rounds of the white plastic cup 9mm stuff in a USP Compact and a Glock 19.  Only one round failed to go bang in the G19, but it locked the slide up bit, took a little effort to clear it.  When it came out it had a pretty good primer strike and didn't look too odd, so I'm not certain what caused it to bind up the gun. No function issues through the USPc, strangely inconsistent as far as muzzle flash though; some flashed a lot, some not at all.  I couldn't really feel a difference in recoil though.  It was a good price, and I'm satisfied that I got what I paid for, would use it again.  Decent cheap range ammo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
i've shot a couple hundred rounds of the stuff now since it is almost always in stock and available at the local wally world.

It has run well in a SW MP9c and a Beretta Nano (surprising, given the gun has a reputation for hating crap ammo or 115gr stuff, but mine has never given me a problem)

i have had failure to eject with a G17 Gen 4 with a newly replaced (factory) recoil spring assembly.  but this gun has given me a similar thing malfunctions with other ammo
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have put about 300 rounds of it through a couple different Glocks with no malfunctions. I did notice my ejection pattern would vary a little more than normal, but for cheap practice ammo, this doesn't concern me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It's the only ammo my XD(m) 9mm has ever choked on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My buddy has an XDM 40 and it's also the only ammo to give him problems.  He has failure to feed issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My buddy has an XDM 40 and it's also the only ammo to give him problems.  He has failure to feed issues with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Croatian guns don't get along with Bosnian ammo.  Same with the people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Very dirty.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The Italian brass max is low powered in my opinion. It just did not have the recoil that even federal champion has.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, that was pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a can & had a round with a dented case get stuck in my Nano. Range officer was able to tap it out with some force, wouldn't buy again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top