Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:34:35 PM EDT
I was digging through the ammo fort, and found this stuff. Anyone familiar with this old stuff? Any place where people that collect this old stuff. I would love to be able to have a vintage GI 1911, mags, holster and put this ammo in shadow box. Anyone shot anything this old? Some of the rounds are head stamped FA 27, FA 28 and some REM-UMC 18

Thanks for any help.

Edit to add; I forgot I made a thread when I found this stuff back in 2008. I was searching for info about these and found my own thread on google results.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to think about rotating some stock....
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You might want to think about rotating some stock....
View Quote

Great advise. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Im interested in the Frankford ones.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't shoot your ammo! It's highly collectable!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I still have it, I did not shoot it. I wish I had a Old GI 1911 to put in a shadow box  and make a nice collectable presentation piece.

IM if anyone wants the whole lot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Corrosive.

To be really collectable/valuable, the boxes would need to be in better shape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top