Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2014 12:03:37 PM EDT
I'm looking at their new and remanufactured 9mm 115 gr ammo.  Does anyone have experience with these?  Will they perform well in my Glocks?  

I should mention that Glocks are not always reliable with all types of ammo, contrary to what some may say.  Tulammo from Wal-Mart in particular caused several failures to eject.  I think some primers failed to go off too.

I'm hoping the Freedom Munitions stuff is the real deal, not just another money-making operation in times where ammo is scarce and expensive.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot about 1000 rounds of Freedom 9mm remanufactured and new without any problems... Than again my 226 eats just about everything, but I have been really happy with the quality of their ammo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i didnt have any problems in the 2k remam 9mm ive shot out of my Sigs and M&P
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 10mm, .45, .45LC, 9mm, and .38SPC from them.  I'd say it is similar to Winchester white box (reman).  It's not dirty.  It's average as far as power goes, the .45LC, and 10mm are what I would consider the lower end of "range ammo" power.   I have had only one issue, and was with a lot of 9mm.  The base of the rounds were "swelled", and either wouldn't chamber, or would stick on extraction.  I emailed F-M, and they sorted things out.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
About 3-4k rounds of their reman stuff. Only one lost/no primer.

They are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had 1 malfunction out of 1k rounds of Freedom Munitions reman 124gr 9mm in a G19.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had no problems in my G 19, G 20, Ruger GP 100 with 9mm, 10mm, 38 special and 357 rounds over the past few years.   Every month  or so the run a wkend special with free shipping.  Given my good experiences with them, I now order in bulk especially during those free shipping offers.

Shoot safe, shoot often
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used the 40sw 9mm 223. 5.56 300blk new and used and some of the blaster ammo and all were gtg only had like 2 out of thousands that had issues

eta the pistols rounds were out of a g22 with stock 40sw barrel and the 9mm in the g22 with a conversion barrel and 9mm mags ... worked great no issue
the rifle were ar rifles and the 223 were they 2 I had issues with but I blame that on the rifle
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Recently had a couple of FTE's while using Freedom reman's in my Shield.  

Honestly not sure if it's the Shield or the ammo.  Not too concerned though.  Overall, It's very good ammo and a fairly reasonable price.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm looking at their new and remanufactured 9mm 115 gr ammo.  Does anyone have experience with these?  Will they perform well in my Glocks?  

I should mention that Glocks are not always reliable with all types of ammo, contrary to what some may say.  Tulammo from Wal-Mart in particular caused several failures to eject.  I think some primers failed to go off too.

I'm hoping the Freedom Munitions stuff is the real deal, not just another money-making operation in times where ammo is scarce and expensive.
View Quote

GTG for range ammo based on several thousand rounds through G17, G19, G21, and G27.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GTG for range ammo based on several thousand rounds through G17, G19, G21, and G27.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which of their 40 did you shoot with the G27?  I've been wanting to try some of it but not too sure about using reman 40.  Their 9 has been outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Out of 1000 rounds of their 124 gr 9mm reman, I had one out of battery discharge due to a bulged case and a round that wouldn't feed because the primer popped out.  No issues with their new ammo.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Which of their 40 did you shoot with the G27?  I've been wanting to try some of it but not too sure about using reman 40.  Their 9 has been outstanding.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

180 gr. RNFP Reman
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#13]
So far no issues with the reman 9mm, .45ACP, or .308 WIN.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm skipping steps, but just ordered 2,000 rounds of 9mm.

Just found this thread.

Glad to hear that the consensus is GTG.

(Right?)
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]

I've gone through several thousand rounds with very few issues.  I've used 115, 124, and 147, both reman and new production.

From a rest with an M&P, stock barrel:

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Had an overpressure 124gr 9mm Freedom Munitions reman round crack my BRAND NEW Sig P320 this morning.  We'll see what they are willing to do about it.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Any word on this cracked P320?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any word on this cracked P320?
View Quote

Gun is at Sig--waiting for an estimate from them for the fix.

Freedom Munitions sent a call tag for the remaining ammo in the batch, and will refund me when they get it back.  Once I have the estimate from Sig, I will forward to them and they will forward to their legal department for a final decision on what more, if anything, they're going to do for me.  I'll post updates as things progress.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag for outcome on the Sig
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]
According to Sig:

"Damage was caused by case head failure, but only damaged the grip assembly."'
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Brand new sig, that would make me fucking sick.  Hope you get taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Shot about 1k 9mm rounds and several hundred .223 reloads, no issues. I haven't tried their 9mm reloads yet, but I have 1000 on order. Sucks about the sig. Wonder if it was an overpressure issue or a fatigued/damaged casing.

I will say that their 9mm rounds do seem "hotter" than other loads I've fired and they produce a bigger fireball out of my guns than even +p rounds
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
No problems with 9mm, but I had some "new" (non reman) .380 that wouldn't cycle either .380 gun I owned even though they shoot everything else--contacted Freedom Munitions (I've bought about 800 9mm and 5.56 rounds from them), and they said their .380 ammo was fine.  I'm done with them--I at least expected them to offer to replace it or give me a discount to try another box or something.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#25]
They blew up one of my friend's guns (a 1911) with an overpressure round.  Prior to that incident this same friend was raving to me about how much he liked their ammo and convinced me to order some.  I was not impressed.  It felt underpowered, was getting weak ejection, and caused malfunctions in 2 different guns both of which have never previously, nor since had a single malfunction.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Would never buy from them. Price is too high for reloads that they will not give complete specs on.

At least on my Dillon I can check for double charged cases, something Freedom Munitions seems unable to do at times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I just got back from shooting 200 out of the 1000 remanufactured rounds I got out of my M&P 9 and it all went without a hitch. After shipping ($5) these ran be about .22/round which I don't find all that bad, particularly since I don't reload on my own.

That said, I will say they shoot nothing like the new 9mm rounds I have from them. The reloads were tame by comparison, the new ones feel a lot hotter and also produce a huge fireball out of the muzzle. It's also possible they may have changed their manufacturing process, the new rounds I have are about a year old and the remanufactured ones I just received a couple days ago. It seems to be at least as accurate as I am.

That top shot was my first one, which is almost always a little wild. The target was placed right between the 5 and 10 yard  markers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top