Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2014 7:47:38 PM EDT
This is based on only 50 rounds (it's a first impression), but so far I am a fan of the Atlanta Arms 147 grain "Team Glock" load in 9mm. I had heard in the past that it was dirty, but the box I shot was cleaner than most off-the-shelf range ammo, and I clean the gun after most range outings anyway. Anyway, I've got some more 9mm as well as some other calibers to try out this summer, but today was a relatively short range session and I only took one box of this stuff. Here are my thoughts: http://handgunplanet.com/review/first-impression-aaa-team-glock-load/

-Starline brass (ATL ARMS headstamp on popular calibers, I'm guessing)
-Round nosed bullet (plated, but high quality)
-Very consistent ejection

Obligatory pic:

I'll post an update when I shoot some more of this stuff. Anyone else used Atlanta Arms in the past? I know some PPC shooters who use it in 38 special, but I had never tried it in 9mm until today.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
How did it shoot?

I am interested in getting some of this stuff, and would like to know if its worth the money.... :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did it shoot?

I am interested in getting some of this stuff, and would like to know if its worth the money.... :)
View Quote

It shoots VERY well. The recoil is very smooth and the accuracy was good out of my gun. I'll try to do some more accuracy testing and post a follow-up, along with some chrono results. But I would certainly recommend it based on my first box.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I live near Atlanta.  Local ranges seem to use Atlanta Arms for their rentals.  Never had a problem with it.  The local ranges must get a good deal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm working my way through a case of it.

Using it for IDPA.

It is very soft shooting and my go to ammo for matches now.

Only problem I've had is that in the first ~600 rounds I found two rounds that were noticeably shorter than the rest.

This was easy to see as the rounds sat in the original box.

This was with their remanufactured ammo, I suspect the factory new stuff would probably be better in this regard.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm working my way through a case of it.

Using it for IDPA.

It is very soft shooting and my go to ammo for matches now.

Only problem I've had is that in the first ~600 rounds I found two rounds that were noticeably shorter than the rest.

This was easy to see as the rounds sat in the original box.

This was with their remanufactured ammo, I suspect the factory new stuff would probably be better in this regard.

View Quote

So far with the new production I haven't had any issues at all (not even minor ones), and I was very impressed with the "feel" of it when running some practice stages in addition to the overall quality. I'll definitely post a follow up soon.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My range sells it.  It is a "lost brass" range, so they take all the brass and send it to them to reload (I assume).
I've purchased many cases of it in 9mm, .40, .45 and .38 spcl and haven't had any problems with it.  I've probably shot 3-4k of each  the 9 and .40, and at least 1k of the .45 and .38.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My range sells it.  It is a "lost brass" range, so they take all the brass and send it to them to reload (I assume).
I've purchased many cases of it in 9mm, .40, .45 and .38 spcl and haven't had any problems with it.  I've probably shot 3-4k of each  the 9 and .40, and at least 1k of the .45 and .38.
View Quote

I hope ranges like that sell ammo at a discount because the brass is worth a good bit of coin...
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:05:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Update with chrono results: 873 10-shot average was pretty close to the 880 adv velocity.

http://handgunplanet.com/review/product-review-atlanta-arms-147-grain-9mm-fmj-follow-up-with-chrono/
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you shoot any for groups ?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did you shoot any for groups ?
View Quote

Through my 5" Wilson, it was shooting a little over 2" at 20 yards IIRC. I don't have a Ransom rest right now, so that's about the best I can do with anything. Through my VP9, I was getting somewhere around 3". *This was the black box stuff. Although I shot a lot of the blue box and didn't notice any real difference, I also can't say I shot any of that strictly for groups.

Unless you have a machine rest or a barrel fixture (or your gun just really hates 147 grain), I don't think this ammo will be the limiting factor. If it were, I don't think the Army Marksmanship Unit or Team Glock would be using it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top