Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2014 8:59:59 AM EDT
Just like the title says... IMHO the older Golden Sabers performed like the XTPs, which is not a top performer. Both are decent bullets , but....

I'd like some input from everyone as to the new Black Belt Bullet is that much better ?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2013/01/16/remington-golden-saber-black-belt-ammo/
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy a box just for the novelty of it, I guess. This certainly won't make me switch from my current SD loads but good for Remington.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Wonder what the "black belt" is made of, or if it is just a coating to that part of the bullet? Seems kind of gimmicky to me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
GS does have a bad reputation for jacket and core seperation.  I thought Remington came out with a bonded version of GS to address that issue?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hornady did the same thing to non bonded bullets such as with the Critical Duty line

INTERLOCK BAND works to keep the bullet and core from
separating for maximum weight retention and proven terminal performance
through all FBI test barriers.

Be interesting to see a test done.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]

It's an actual metal band. It's expansion is about the same as golden sabers; nothing to write home about. I shot one round through 1/2" plywood, and it was close to separating what was left of the jacket from the core.

I have a pork shoulder test as well coming

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a gimmick.  But, hey, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.  Someone will test it.  Some fine, upstanding man like... Buffman_LT1.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out their velocity for 357 mag: 125g at 1220....thanks for nothing.  I find this downright offensive.

357 sig gets a more appropriate 1350.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out their velocity for 357 mag: 125g at 1220....thanks for nothing.  I find this downright offensive.

357 sig gets a more appropriate 1350.
View Quote

Golden Saber has always been a mid range round in the 357mag realm.  You need to step up to the old tried and true exposed lead SJHP 125 grain Remington for the barn burners.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Take these as they are; Backyard Ballistics.

Good penetration and reliable expansion through 4 layers of 12oz denim. However when I placed it against a 1/2 sheet of plywood, all of the jacket above the band separated. It still expanded.

The pork shoulder showed similar results to the water. A full 12"+ of penetration, and expansion similar to the denim water jugs. Didn't strike bone in this test:

I'm sure mrgunsngear will throw this through clear ballistics gel..

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just like the title says... IMHO the older Golden Sabers performed like the XTPs, which is not a top performer. Both are decent bullets , but....

I'd like some input from everyone as to the new Black Belt Bullet is that much better ?

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2013/01/16/remington-golden-saber-black-belt-ammo/
View Quote

I did a topic on it at the other forum.
pretty neat how the driving band is on the out side.

Ive been waiting  almost a year now for it to come out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 147gr and 124 +P golden saber rounds the are both are on the FAQ for Self Defense ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top