Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 3:36:32 PM EDT
I'm sure its been talked about, but I'm wondering how good this Georgia Arms Ammo is??  I can't find any Reviews on their Ammo???   I wanted to buy some .40 & .45    I only shoot at the range so is it worth saving money and buying from them?  OR do I spend the little extra on the Name Brands.   Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a problem with setback with some of their .45 but they took care of me in short order.
I've heard their 5.56 and 7.62 were reloaded mil brass that might be iffy but I don't Haagen first hand experience with those loads.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you actually save any money with them? last time i checked with them, their prices were basically the same as factory range ammo.
I have never problems with their ammo, 223, 45, 9. Haven't bought any since +/- 2005.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 500 rounds of the .40 cal. 180 gr. "canned heat" several months ago and just got around to using it.   I had no FTF or FTE although I did find one case that had a small split.
When I bought the price was significantly less than the going price for new ammo but that difference has decreased to only $20-30.   At current new ammo prices I would buy the new.  If you do buy the "canned heat" make sure you tell them you want the metal can or you'll get a plastic Plano box.
Should prices go up again I wouldn't hesitate buying from Ga. Arms.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff and cheap compared to wally world
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have shot a bunch of their .38spl and .357mag reloads (several thousand rounds) and some of their .45Colt "Cowboy" new manufactured loads. Also, some of their 9x18Mak defensive loads and 9mm+P Gold Dot loads. I have never had a problem with any of it. Their reloads are not the most accurate but they all go bang and they are safe. Their new manufactured rounds typically feature Starline brass and perform like any "premium" ammunition (in my guns anyway).

If you notice, their packaging has a strong "LOT" numbering system and like all manufactures they will have a recall on specific "lots" from time to time for various reasons. This tells me they take their business seriously.

ETA- Last time I checked, their .38spl reloads were going for about half the price of new ammunition.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm working through my 9mm and .40 "Canned Heat" and have had no issues at all with them (probably shot 400 of each).
When I got it I was happy with the price, and the fact it was available.
It seems the 9mm 124g is $145/500 which would be $14.50/box of 50 and that doesn't seem that great of a deal, especially on bulk reloads.

From a pure price standpoint, I'd personallly go with Freedom Munitions 147g NEW $142/500, but I have no problem at all with Georgia Arms quality and will absolutely keep them in my "go to" search when looking for ammo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From a pure price standpoint, I'd personallly go with Freedom Munitions 147g NEW $142/500, but I have no problem at all with Georgia Arms quality and will absolutely keep them in my "go to" search when looking for ammo.
View Quote

No experience with Georgia Arms, but I just went through about 350 rds of Freedom Munitions Remanufactured (NOT Blaster) 115 gr. 9mm...not a single hiccup. Good stuff, so far... and at about $113/500 rds, I would order more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used Georgia arms before 147gr no issues at all, I just purchased 1000 rounds of freedoms 147gr  waiting to test them and see how they do
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought 500rnds of their canned heat .223 several years ago. Out of 500 only 2 rounds were unable to be fired due to sizing issues. Other than that they were fine. I also bought 50rnds of 115gr 9mm from them. One round was missing half of the case and I'm not sure how it made it out the door or how it was even holding the bullet still.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I've only fired their 10mm ammo but was pleased with it. Their 10mm is loaded in new Starline brass and for the price they asked it's very reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#11]
No problems with 500rds of 180gr .40S&W.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No experience with Georgia Arms, but I just went through about 350 rds of Freedom Munitions Remanufactured (NOT Blaster) 115 gr. 9mm...not a single hiccup. Good stuff, so far... and at about $113/500 rds, I would order more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, once you factor in shipping, you may as well buy new ammo.

Regarding freedommunitions, I ordered 500 9mm for myself and 500 380 for my mom. The 380 was having issues with FTE and had a few even stovepipe. Her gun is brand new with only 100 rounds through it since we got it last month. I put more in the clip and bam it did it again, then the next mag was fine, then issues agian. So then I got some 380 from the range we were at and shot 50 rounds without a hiccup, so something with their 380 was having issues.

As far as my 9mm goes the rounds went bang and I had 0 issues. The one complaint I do have with them is I only shot 100 rounds and when I looked at it when I got home to take it down and clean it, I couldn't believe how dirty their ammo was. I then took a hit on it just to rid myself of it. When I ordered 500 rounds, I paid $113, I sold the remaining 400 rounds in a Plano Ammo Can for $85. I then went to Academy and bought some Winchester range ammo. So I'll stick far away from freedommunitions from now on.

I can't comment on Georgia Arms because I've only bought from them once and it was .40 S&W ammo in their "canned heat" that came with an ammo can for my uncle. When I talk to him next I'll ask him his opinion on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top