Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 8:42:22 PM EDT
I bought 400 rounds of TULAMMO 9mm Brass at wal mart, 115 grain.  It comes in a 100 pack white cylinder shape container.  

-The ammo does not run in my Glock 26, ALL OTHER AMMO runs in my Glock 26.  Steel russian garbage, and winchester, remington, corbon, and so on. Every hollow point, lead free ammo with that oddly shaped bullet, everything runs perfectly.  

-Out of 100 shots fired 4 failed to fire the first time, they all did the second try.  11 rounds fired but than when the next round was chambered seemed loaded down.  The slide wouldn't lock up fullly, it would get ALMOST there and stay maybe a 1/4" from being totally locked up forcing me to smack the back of the slide to put the gun into battery.  

I am only writing this as a warning to others, and to ask others who have tried the ammo if their experiences were good or bad?
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
That's odd. I've purchased a fair amount of it and haven't had any issues at all, if anything it's been better for me than some of the usual bulk Federal junk.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:.  The slide wouldn't lock up fullly, it would get ALMOST there and stay maybe a 1/4" from being totally locked up forcing me to smack the back of the slide to put the gun into battery.  
View Quote

I had this problem with EVERY round with my M&P.  I would do the same thing to get the slide closed.  Too bad caused it grouped really well.  Ended up giving the rest to my dad.  He has a Bersa that shoots 'em with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
A buddy had a problem with this ammo in 40 cal in his XDM.  He doesn't have problems with anything else, just this.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem with my 9mm HK P30s or BHPs.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The boxed stuff I had made in Italy runs great in my guns. The stuff I had in the plastic tub was made in, I think Bosnia had a few failures for me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Double tap!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the Tula BrassMaxx ammo? Did not work well in my M&P. I tried to chamber the very first round and it wouldn't go into battery. I had one other not go into battery. The rest of the 100 chambered fine and all went bang. I've never had that problem before or since with my M&P.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My XD(m) had a few FTFs on that ammo. Only ammo it ever refused.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I've put 300 (Mixture of 50rd and 100rd boxes) rounds through my P226R without a problem.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4205

That is the product in question.  I bought it at walmart not cheaperthandirt but you get the picture.  It's good to hear at least one person had success with this ammo apparently.  

I'm putting the link up there so that it's clear what the product is.  Also I only bought it in those white cylinder containers, never seen boxes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4205

That is the product in question.  I bought it at walmart not cheaperthandirt but you get the picture.  It's good to hear at least one person had success with this ammo apparently.  

I'm putting the link up there so that it's clear what the product is.  Also I only bought it in those white cylinder containers, never seen boxes.
View Quote

Saw this in WM this morning. I noticed that they had 20+ "cans" available despite no purchase limit. everything else 9mm was gone, save the 3 boxes of 9mm of  federal 115gr I snagged.

I should of grabbed a can, just to run it through my Glock and see if I could use it in the future.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Have had lots of issues with steel 40 and 45 Tula lately. Have had several M&P's not like the brass tula as well. Seems the M&P's slightly lighter recoil spring does not give it the extra push.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Not to be repetitive here.....I shot a 100 round plastic container of the 115 grain tulla brass max ammo yesterday through my glock 26.  I fired 310 rounds (10 round mag, and I live in NY......) of Remington UMC bulk pack 115 grain FMJ, I had two other people (One had never shot a handgun, one has literally fired 1 handgun one time).

-We each had several failures with the Tula brass max ammo.  One failure the case started to eject but the slide closed, or didn't full open as it was ejecting and it was caught perfectly flat above the rounds in the mag holding the slide open.  

-NO ONE had a single issue with the Remington UMC ammo.

-If you want to buy this stuff for the range that is your choice.  It isn't super dirty, the shells look ok, but they simply aren't reliable in several peoples guns as listed above and certainly the tula doesn't run my G26 reliably.  If you are one of those people that carry or load FMJ for home defense (for whatever your reason is.....) I strongly urge you not to use the Tula brass maxx, It isn't to be trusted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn.  I just bought 400 rounds of it.. Figured the price was decent at $23 for 100 rounds.

I'm sure one of my 9mm's will shoot it, but it's supposed to be for my G17

Ok just went through 200 rounds of this ammo yesterday

No issues at all.  100%

Used:  mkii BHP, S&W 3913, Gen 2 Glock 17, Gen 3 Glock 19.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#15]
This stuff is crap. I started having problems last week with the Italian made brassmaxx.  I did not have any before.  Glock 19 3rd gen, M&P9, and SD9VE. Up to those two boxes, I had good luck with the Brassmaxx. No more will be bought. I would probably trust the steel monarch or tula now more. Maybe a bad batch.........
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Russian crap made in yugoslopia
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never had an issue with the brass or steel Tula in any of my 9mms. All of mine is a few months old though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I've now tried it in multiple guns, different brands and barrel lengths.  My brassmaxx doesn't run reliably in any pistol ive tried.  The closest was a a ruger (p85 or 95?, friends gun not sure of the model) which made it 56 rounds without a failure, after that it had two in the next three mags.  I'm not trying to do anything except warn people of my personal experience...and apparently others feel the same way.  For the 23-24 bucks per hundred you could spend two more and get winchester or remington.  Just a suggestion.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#19]
im going to buy more and run it in two more nines this wednesday.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I generally like steel cased Tula ammo, never had any problems with it in any of my guns. So when I saw these cans of Brassmax 9mm at Walmart I bought 400 rounds. Haven't shot any of it yet, but all of my 9mm's are Glocks so I am curious to see if it will work for me.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've put 300 (Mixture of 50rd and 100rd boxes) rounds through my P226R without a problem.
View Quote

Same experience here. Taurus and Beretta we had also ate it up just fine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#22]
From everything I've read and heard about Tula...I know to stay away from it. There MUST be a difference between Tula and Wolf Polyformance; I've shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of Wolf, Brown Bear and Silver Bear 9mm through my Glocks with ZERO issues. Steel ammo has pretty much become the diet of my Glocks since its cheaper than brass. Haven't tried Tula and probably won't.

The one good thing about Tula is--price per round--its cheaper than snap caps if you want to train for malfunctions.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Russian crap made in yugoslopia
View Quote

Bosnia in this case
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Damn.  I just bought 400 rounds of it.. Figured the price was decent at $23 for 100 rounds.

No issues at all.  100%

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#25]
My 19 ate 100 rounds with no problems
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
From everything I've read and heard about Tula...I know to stay away from it. There MUST be a difference between Tula and Wolf Polyformance; I've shot thousands upon thousands of rounds of Wolf, Brown Bear and Silver Bear 9mm through my Glocks with ZERO issues. Steel ammo has pretty much become the diet of my Glocks since its cheaper than brass. Haven't tried Tula and probably won't.

The one good thing about Tula is--price per round--its cheaper than snap caps if you want to train for malfunctions.
View Quote

Tula (at least as far as the steel case stuffed from Russia goes) is made in a different factory than the other russian steel stuff like wolf and the various tigers and bears... Oh my...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues at all.  100%

LOL, I love it when a '13er quotes himself! Just kiddin' around, my neckbearding bro.    

Just checked back in to this thread to say that I tried this ammo in a few more guns this past weekend. It had a couple of failures in them, but not as many as with the XDm. Meh, I will probably buy it again if I see it at Walmart; it's just practice ammo.    *shrug*
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#28]
OP did you check into a lot number on this ammo to see if its a bad batch?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:36:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I have ran it in a P30, P2000, and mk3 HP with no problems
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I generally like steel cased Tula ammo, never had any problems with it in any of my guns. So when I saw these cans of Brassmax 9mm at Walmart I bought 400 rounds. Haven't shot any of it yet, but all of my 9mm's are Glocks so I am curious to see if it will work for me.  
View Quote
I finally ran some Tula Brass Maxx 9mm on Saturday. 100 rounds through my G19, not a single problem.

This proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that the G19 is the best fighting handgun the world has ever seen

Link Posted: 5/20/2014 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Going to try 100rds tomorrow. Will report back
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL, I love it when a '13er quotes himself! Just kiddin' around, my neckbearding bro.    

Just checked back in to this thread to say that I tried this ammo in a few more guns this past weekend. It had a couple of failures in them, but not as many as with the XDm. Meh, I will probably buy it again if I see it at Walmart; it's just practice ammo.    *shrug*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No issues at all.  100%

12'er

Up to 400+ rounds.  One stovepipe In a Glock 19.

Cleared that malf like a boss too

This is good ammo range  IMO.  No fouling and clean.  Good to go. Cheap too
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Going to try 100rds tomorrow. Will report back
View Quote

3 stove pipes

Federal bulk pack and freedom munitions reman's worked fine
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I tried the Tula Brassmaxx yesterday. This is the stuff in the white cylinder. I picked it up at Walmart a week or two ago, the can says it was made in Bosnia Herzegovina. I was shooting it out of a Gen 2 Glock 19 and a CZ 75B. I had 2 or 3 failures to eject out of the G19. No failures in the 75B. One thing that I noticed about this ammo is it had a tremendous muzzle flash and a funny smell to it. I won't be buying this stuff again.

I also picked up some stuff that is distributed by Tula ammo, it was labeled as Perfecta and was made in Italy (I beleive that this was previously marketed as Brassmaxx and came in the 50 round boxes. It worked fine, 0 malfunctions in the G19 and the 75B. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this ammo again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Shot 80 rnds out of my xds 9mm yesterday.

Two of the rounds (seemed the brass was too long) would not chamber, had to knock one out with a brass dowel. For perspective I shot 120 rounds of: Federal 115 gr aluminum and brass case ammo, and some hornady xtps and shot perfect.

Did group well, shot nice but quality control isn't there in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top