Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2014 10:27:22 AM EDT
Took my Colt and some Win3Gun .45 out to the range this weekend and blasted away. It burned clean, had a little less felt recoil than a standard 230 grain ball load, and seemed to be all-around good stuff. One caveat: it is small-primer brass, so if you're a reloader, you may prefer other alternatives for compatibility with your existing brass stockpiles, but for a projected MSRP of about $25, this is very affordable .45 match ammo, and we had good results with zero malfunctions of any kind.

Win3Gun .45 Article

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
How was the accuracy in your pistol vs standard FMJ?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the FMJ, but it was at least as good as American Eagle or White Box through my Colt. I only shot out to 15 yards this weekend, but was getting 2-4" in the head box of an IDPA target pretty easily at that range running some drills. I didn't do any slow-fire accuracy testing of it since it's marketed more towards dynamic shooting, but it certainly wouldn't have been worse than 2" at 15 yards if I had slowed down.

Comparatively, Win3Gun seemed to be shooting a little tighter than the FMJ I had on hand, which was Federal AE 230 grain this trip, for what it's worth. When I get my hands on some of the 9mm in the next couple of months, I'll do some accuracy testing as well. I honestly didn't think about it that much. The gun also had the factory Colt barrel in it, so this isn't a bullseye gun by any stretch. Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top