Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2014 5:14:53 PM EDT
I shot some 9m commercial reloads the other day and I still have the brass.  It's not much but I have a bunch of commercial reloads and I'll shoot more.  What should I be doing with this stuff?  It's a reload so it's already been shot at least twice.  Not sure if they wear out or what...

Also, it looks like all of the casings have a little dent in them at the front, making the big hole at the front out-of-round.  This might be from when they hit the asphalt ground?  Is that what it's from?  Is that normal?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I will take it off your hands

If you plan on reloading then you could start saving it, if not and you shoot at a range I would collect it and leave it for someone who does. Generally speaking handgun brass does not wear out and I usually end up loosing it before the primer pocket loosens up too much.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You can ship it to me in the pre-paid cartons I'll provide once I have your address or you can buy a Dillion Progressive Loader!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's still good.  Pistol brass lasts a LOT of reloadings.  If the mouths are out of round they'll clean right up in the resizing die.

If you don't reload you can sell it.  Or give it to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.  I guess I'll hang onto it until I have a meaningful amount and figure it out then.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, I save all my brass just in case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey, I save all my brass just in case.
View Quote

This and that includes range brass that is unclaimed (or not bothered to sweep up).
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Some scrap metal yards will pay you for it or at least they do here in S.C., but to make it worth your while you will need a good bit of it.  Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and toss in your spent brass after each range trip until it gets full, then cash it in.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some scrap metal yards will pay you for it or at least they do here in S.C., but to make it worth your while you will need a good bit of it.  Get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and toss in your spent brass after each range trip until it gets full, then cash it in.
View Quote

This is what I've been doing for about a year now, only 1/4 the way full
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top