Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2012 5:22:59 PM EDT
Whats the going rate on .45 auto brass. I have a big lot (when I say big lot its around 400-600 pieces)of it, once fire un-processed I want to put on the EE but have no idea what to ask.

This is not a for sale ad just trying to get an idea
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean 4-6 thousand pieces? 4-600 is not that much. Shipping would probably cost more than its worth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
4-600 (hundred), yea I wasnt sure, I'll probably just find someone locally to give it to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
google once fired 45 brass and see what its going for

Im saving all my 223 and 9mm for when I start to reload, or Ill just sell it.
But I know I can get about $35/k for 9mm and about $65/k for 223/5.56
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I pick up all the 45ACP brass I can find at the local range and give it to a friend, as I don't own anything in 45ACP. I usually get about 100 pieces of brass per visit to the range.

Maybe you should look around at your range.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I pick up all the 45ACP brass I can find at the local range and give it to a friend, as I don't own anything in 45ACP. I usually get about 100 pieces of brass per visit to the range.

Maybe you should look around at your range.

About .05 each.  Ship it in a flat rate USPS box.   I got 2000 45 brass in a medium flat rate box.

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a big time cheap bastard and never miss the chance to pick up brass.
Several times I have considered blowing out some of my excess for some extra cash.
Lots of the guys at my club do this and I believe it causes some hurt feelings and some serious competition.

I steer clear of the buying and selling , trade a bit but mostly give my extra away to guys I know are reloading for themselves.
I believe I do better than the guys who sell as I get favors and great deals fron the guys who have got brass from me .

5 or 600 pieces of 45acp is no big thing, toss them in a zip loc and hang on to them untill you find a use
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
3-5 cents each.  Lower end of the scale if it's mixed headstamps, higher end if it's all the same.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am a big time cheap bastard and never miss the chance to pick up brass.
Several times I have considered blowing out some of my excess for some extra cash.
Lots of the guys at my club do this and I believe it causes some hurt feelings and some serious competition.

I steer clear of the buying and selling , trade a bit but mostly give my extra away to guys I know are reloading for themselves.
I believe I do better than the guys who sell as I get favors and great deals fron the guys who have got brass from me .

5 or 600 pieces of 45acp is no big thing, toss them in a zip loc and hang on to them untill you find a use

That's exactly what I do. A big bag of brass usually pays for work I need done to my daughter's Argentine Hi-Power...
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]
About a nickel apiece is average, assuming it is clean, once fired and not of the small primer variety. I recently liquidated my hoard of brass and found the common pistol calibers hard to move at anything more than giveaway prices. With the price of scrap brass being what it is locally, it's not worth the time to sort the range pickup brass I get other than to pick out the calibers I reload. Everything else just goes into the scrap bucket. USPS flat rate shipping is the way to go. I think I got 250 pcs.. of .45 ACP brass into a small flat rate box. Shipped 500 pcs. in two small flat rate boxes for less than one medium FR box...

DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top