Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 2:45:01 PM EDT
Put a new night sight on Glock 19 after work yesterday and did not use any thread locker / locktite.

Will it be an issue?  Should I re-install the sight with lock-tite? - if so, red or blue?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I use red and only because you can't really get a good bite on that little screw. It's so easy to remove and reinstall it wouldn't be much trouble to Loctite it. I have OCD so I would have to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good call; thanks Bradd; I will do it right.

Murphy's law: my FS would fly off the one time I really need it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd take it back off and use thread locker. I put night sights on my G19 and didn't have any thread locker. Took it out to the range right after putting them on because I wanted to make sure they were zeroed and I had to carry it for work the next day. I'd have to strip the gun after every magazine and tighten the screw back up. Even though I snugged it down, it kept loosening up. If I hadn't kept stripping it and tightening up the screw, the sight would have flown off. After my range trip, I stopped and got some thread locker (LocTite, the weakest one, I can't remember the color). No problems since using the thread locker.

Bub75
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Loc tote is the answer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top