Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 11:31:22 PM EDT
What's the best courses that can be taken online? My job gives me $1800 a year for school so I figured I might as well spend their money and a little of mine if I have to and learn something
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What's the best courses that can be taken online? My job gives me $1800 a year for school so I figured I might as well spend their money and a little of mine if I have to and learn something
View Quote

I just took the agi 1911 pistolsmith course.  Not sure if it's the best or not but I learned a ton about the 1911.  It was a bunch of dvd s I think 30 hours or so, then an online test.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I work on ARs and modern precision bolt guns for a living. I don't run into what I would call "traditional" gunsmithing tasks too often.  But what I do encounter in guns as well known as the AR can sometimes make you wonder.  So what I'm saying is simple online courses might give you an academic overview of pistols and rifles, but hands on skill building is the only way to learn the gunsmithing trade.  Especially if you start working on people's guns for-profit.  You're liable for the function of that gun when they pick it up.  Legally and civilly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I was lucky enough to work with a gunsmith/builder for a while, he got my help for free but I learned more about guns with him than I learned about my major in college.
Tackle something cheap first so if you screw up it doesn't matter, a lot of you tube videos will show you tricks of the trade as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top