Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2017 4:34:12 PM EDT
About a year ago I installed  the full apex trigger kit on my m&p shield 9mm.  Before the install my trigger reset was okay with no major complaints.  After the trigger was installed my reset is almost completely gone. I don't hear it or feel it unless I focus on the reset.  Other then that the trigger works great and have been using it.  Figured I need to revisit this and get it fixed.  What could I have done to cause the reset to go silent?  Online reviews of the trigger have a good loud reset so it seems it's just mine doing it.  Appreciate any help on this.

Here is the trigger I installed:  apex trigger for shield
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Update:

After writing this post I decided to just take it apart and put it back together.  Just removed the rer sear housing and put it back.  Now it has a reset again.  Not as loud as I would like it to be but it does seem to work now.  I must have had something not aligned right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange indeed.  I have 3 M&Ps with apex kits and one is a Shield.  All have a stronger reset than the stock triggers.  Which may just be perception due to the removal of the mush and grit.  Even though your reset is back I would reach out to apex cs and get their thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strange indeed.  I have 3 M&Ps with apex kits and one is a Shield.  All have a stronger reset than the stock triggers.  Which may just be perception due to the removal of the mush and grit.  Even though your reset is back I would reach out to apex cs and get their thoughts.
View Quote

I did back when I first installed it.   They wanted me to tear down every single part, take photos.  blew it off because I did not want to go through the hassle of a complete take down. including the sights for the striker block..

It's hard to remember what the stock setup felt/sounded like.  This may be better then stock now. not sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top