Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 10:54:01 AM EDT
Has anyone experienced a locking insert breaking on their SIG pistol?
This happened to my 226 this past weekend. The gun is about 3 1/2 years old and probably has 9,000+ rounds through it.
watching some you tube videos, it doesn't seem too hard to replace, but would appreciate any tips or tricks.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive never heard of breaking one but an r&r of the part is easy enough.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with Sig CS. Might/should be covered by warranty. I've not heard of anyone having to replace this part, but I'm sure it happens as they do sell it as a replacement.

As far as replacement, you don't have to take the gun down too far to get it out (watch a video) but getting it back in can be frustrating.

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Very easy to replace. Odd though
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Buddy bought a PD trade P220 years back and it had one leg broken off of the locking insert.

He replaced it with a used one from a parts place that no longer exists and I think he's still shooting it 12-15 years later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top