Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2016 10:35:11 PM EDT
Grip screw bushing split in half, fell out. Since this is shitty workmanship, I contacted RIA. Said they'd get back to me. Been a week. Contacted again, told to wait more. I could just buy a grip screw bushing, but I don't see why I should since I haven't mistreated the gun. In fact, it's new with 14 rounds through it. I guess my question is, with all the praise for RIA, why is their customer service so useless?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Order a couple from Brownells or someplace else.

Do you want to replace a crappy part with another crappy part or spend a few bucks to get a quality one?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Order a couple from Brownells or someplace else.

Do you want to replace a crappy part with another crappy part or spend a few bucks to get a quality one?
View Quote

I mostly don't want to have to pay for something that's the company's poor craftmanship at fault. I understand what you're saying but there are more than a few gun companies that are pushing crap and not standing behind their products let alone their own warranties. I feel the public let's this stuff slide too much.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
How did it just fall out? Tell the whole story...
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a bad one on a new Ruger.  Just bought a 4 pack for a couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to stand on principle, don't let me stop you.

But I am pretty sure you can buy BETTER grip screw bushings from someone like Wilson, Brown, etc. for less hassle than you will get trying to get RIA to give you one free replacement.  And while you are at it, you can Loctite them in properly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top