Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2016 11:20:32 PM EDT
I'm having some trouble installing a "drop-in" replacement trigger in my Browning Buckmark 5.5.  There is no technical support available from the manufacturer, so I thought the Handgun>Gunsmithing Forum would be the right place to ask for advice.  

BACKGROUND

In the Buckmark, the trigger is held in the frame by a cross pin which also acts as the pivot point (fulcrum) for trigger operation/rotation.  This pin is NOT the problem.  

There is a second pin in the trigger whose function is to actuate the "disconnector" (a bar that transfers the trigger's motion to release the sear).   This pin is a press fit into a reamed hole in the trigger and it is this pin that is problematic.

PROBLEM

In the original trigger, the pin's hole appears is slightly undersized through its full depth.  The pin is a press fit when inserted from either side of the hole.

In the Tandemkross trigger, inserting the pin yields a loose, almost sloppy, fit in the hole for the full depth of the hole.  Inserted from the left, the pin will not enter, at all.  Only after the pin is inserted and just barely protrudes (~0.010") from the left side of the trigger does it begins to seat and retain the pin.  However, the protruding pin rubs on the frame and seizes up the trigger.  

What is the proper solution to this problem?  

I like the flat face of the Tandemkross trigger, so I want to resolve this problem.  

Should I insert the pin and retain it with Loctite?

Should I peen the trigger so it grabs the pin?

Should I peen the pin so it grabs the trigger?

Should I get a different (larger) pin?

Should I fit the existing pin to the trigger and grind off any protruding length of pin?  

Got any other ideas?

Should I send this POS back to Brownell's, get my money back and make a flat-faced trigger shoe for the original trigger?  

Why they do not provide a pin that fits their trigger is unknown to me.  The trigger costs $45, surely a pin is within reason.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I am really late to the party here, but just encountered the same problem.

There are two ways to fix this.  The one suggested by browning is to use some loctite which will seize the pin in place.

https://www.tandemkross.com/assets/images/Instructions/BrowningBuckMarkVictoryTriggerInstructions.pdf

The other solution is to close the hole in the frame temporarily.  I cut a section of q-tip and pounded it into place and put a dab of loctite on it.  I though it would be a temporary solution, but its held in place and no rubbing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top