Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 2:51:59 AM EDT
Hi there. I've been offered a chance at a cheap  .44 uk legal Taurus revolver but the cylinder retaining bushing is Broken .

Is that a part that is freely available over there? If so any idea where I could get one, cheers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be incredibly hard to track down.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How complicated a part is it?

What would it take to make one from scratch?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How complicated a part is it?

What would it take to make one from scratch?
View Quote

I havnt seen it myself. I doubt it's hard but the only quote I've had so far was very high for making and fitting it. very

That is an option getting it and taking it to a machine shop to knock up and fitting it myself ( no experience) but over here something so small and one off ain't going to be cheap either they won't be interested in a such a small job so will hike the price.

I found one place in the us online and it's a 6$ part for the medium frame and sold out they didn't list the large frame 44.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Find an home machinist and bring them one.

If you do not have one why are you trying to replace it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find an home machinist and bring them one.

If you do not have one why are you trying to replace it?
View Quote

? I have one I just haven't seen it yet ( yes I took a gamble and have actually bought it) but I was looking to see if I could get one before I committed.  Gun is at an rfd guy I bought it from left it there because if very large quote. Rfd is holding it for me

One other thing I envy about the states is something like this is easy for you to find if not somebody can make it.i  knew some contacts years ago. I've worked places that could knock me just about anything up but now I don't and I don't know anybody.

Little businesses really can't be arsed to do tiny jobs as it ties up their machines for better paying jobs. However if I can't scource one that's what I'll have to do.

My cousin is going to look he's in the states.

So it went like this I looking for a 44
Guy : I have one but it's broke you can have it cheap
Me :what's broke
Him :this
Me : what that part in the manual looks easy yeah I'll buy it cheap I'm sure my friends on arfcom can find one
Hmm can't find one
Mr rfd how much for you to make one
How fucking much ...l

Literally  would be cheaper for me to buy a small lathe

Not a dig at the rfd he's being very honest he just doesn't  want to say it's an easy job then spend days on it and charge me that.  He's doing me a huge favour hanging onto the gun. Best case is buy 1 or a few from the states. Even at his highest quote gun is still a bargain but I'd rather have a better bargain.

Iike I said looks easy to me but I havnt seen it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
What model Taurus
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Mod 44
Don't laugh

http://www.simplyfirearmsandammo.co.uk/taurus-mod-44-long-barrel-revolver-in-44-magnum.html#.V29EmpB4WrU

I'm assuming all Taurus  large frame 44 have the same cylinder parts ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
All Taurus handguns have a lifetime warranty.  Just send it to Taurus and let them fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top