Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 10:15:51 AM EDT
Anyone else building one?  I got my 80% lower, jig and tooling set and just ordered a Lone Wolf Glock 22 compatible slide, parts kit, poly80 finishing kit, stainless guide rod and spring and some carry sights.  Hopefully this whole thing will go together pretty easily.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got all the other parts to complete it over the weekend...  Hopefully I will have it together soon.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Dohh!  I lost one of the little spring cups while putting the slide together...  Now I gotta wait until the replacements I ordered come in...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I was able to buy a set of spring cups from an LGS so my Lone Wolf slide is now assembled.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
How did it turn out?

Been looking at these pretty hard, but being so new there's not a whole lot of tutorials and information on them.

Just a couple youtube videos of guys using hand drills\ drill presses without the vices locked down. Looks pretty crude.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/167486_How_to_Build_a_Glock_from_an_80__Frame.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did it turn out?

Been looking at these pretty hard, but being so new there's not a whole lot of tutorials and information on them.

Just a couple youtube videos of guys using hand drills\ drill presses without the vices locked down. Looks pretty crude.
View Quote

I've only got the slide put together so far.  Next step is to finish the frame.  That looks simple enough.  Several people have already posted youtube videos of doing it using only a dremel with sanding drums to mill off the front part to accept the slide and recoil spring, dremel with a cutting wheel and then a file to cut the rear slide rail slots and a hand drill to drill the pin holes.  I've got a drill press and an XY vice so it should be pretty easy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/167486_How_to_Build_a_Glock_from_an_80__Frame.html
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2016 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Finished up the frame last night and assembled it this morning.  Function tests O.K., off to the range tomorrow to test fire it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Finished up the frame last night and assembled it this morning.  Function tests O.K., off to the range tomorrow to test fire it.
View Quote

Sweet. How'd it go?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top