Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2016 3:15:04 PM EDT
My FEG .380 ( a Walther PP clone) is locked up tight with a FTE. I was shooting ball ammo when this previously highly reliable pistol jammed. I can't pull back the slide even a little bit, and I can't take down the pistol.  Hammer cocks, decocker functions, mag is removed. I can see a little bit of the brass rim, that's why I know it hasn't ejected.

Any recommendations on how to get the slide pulled back and the brass ejected?

Any idea what caused this?

Thanks for any help.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Rest the back of the frame on a board while the barrel is pointed up and find a brass rod that fits all the way down the barrel and give it little taps with a hammer. A little PB Blaster or Kroil on the barrel/chamber would not hurt.

Unless you have a bulged barrel than the slide should come back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It can help if you have someone to pull on the slide while you're doing this as well.  Last time I had a case get stuck I used a hardwood dowel from Lowe's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top