Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2016 4:01:06 PM EDT
Good afternoon AR15.com..

I picked up a 1911 slide off "blackthorneproducts.com" ,
The dimensions are listed as....."the rear is machined for standard pattern adjustable sights (.330 x 60 degree x 110" with .500 flat forward and .258 to the rear cut.  Bottom of dovetail to top of slide is .138") and the front is machined for a standard dovetail front sight. .330" x 65 degree x .060 dovetail. Center of front dovetail to front of slide .325"

I took a quick around trying to find the right size and grab a cheap set or sights, I believe these are supposed to be just your standard novak sight cuts bUT none seem to be exact fits. I don't mind filing down a set to make it fit but spending around $100 I'd prefer an exact replacement. Can anybody send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, any info would help.

-Bushman87
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good afternoon AR15.com..

I picked up a 1911 slide off "blackthorneproducts.com" ,
The dimensions are listed as....."the rear is machined for standard pattern adjustable sights (.330 x 60 degree x 110" with .500 flat forward and .258 to the rear cut.  Bottom of dovetail to top of slide is .138") and the front is machined for a standard dovetail front sight. .330" x 65 degree x .060 dovetail. Center of front dovetail to front of slide .325"

I took a quick around trying to find the right size and grab a cheap set or sights, I believe these are supposed to be just your standard novak sight cuts bUT none seem to be exact fits. I don't mind filing down a set to make it fit but spending around $100 I'd prefer an exact replacement. Can anybody send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance, any info would help.

-Bushman87
View Quote

Now bear with me because I'm trying to do this from memory and I'm a feeble old minded gunsmith.  

Okay so I took a look at the slide and read the copy below it.

Front sight:   330x65 is normal, but it's the .060 that's weird.  IIRC they're normally .10 deep, so the front sight cut seems to be shallow.
Rear sight: The rear cut is sort of "Bo Mar-ish" in appearance.

But it says they were made for LPA sights.  I would think the thing to do would be to contact LPA and see if they can hook you up with the appropriate sights for that slide.  
http://www.lpasights.com/en/products?page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top