Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 4:14:49 PM EDT
So, wondering if this is doable. I have the gun in question already, and I really want to bobtail it for easier carry. My question is, the whole gun is Nitron coated stainless steel. After I cut the bobtail and grind/polish the area to be how I want it, can I beadblast the entire frame to the bare stainless? I'd rather not refinish the frame, as I don't have the money, and a two tone gun would look pretty cool anyway. Is the stainless frame ok bare like that, or does it need to be coated with something? Thanks for the wisdom everyone, this forum is my go-to for basically everything.

Paul
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, wondering if this is doable. I have the gun in question already, and I really want to bobtail it for easier carry. My question is, the whole gun is Nitron coated stainless steel. After I cut the bobtail and grind/polish the area to be how I want it, can I beadblast the entire frame to the bare stainless? I'd rather not refinish the frame, as I don't have the money, and a two tone gun would look pretty cool anyway. Is the stainless frame ok bare like that, or does it need to be coated with something? Thanks for the wisdom everyone, this forum is my go-to for basically everything.

Paul
View Quote

It is do-able and since it is stainless steel it would be OK to leave in a bare bead blasted state...Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top