Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2015 9:52:56 AM EDT
I recently bought a 1911 and a lube video on youtube turned me on to the idea of a grease contained in a precise syringe style applicator. I dont believe all the hype about expensive products and until this point I have used multi purpose grease on my guns which has been fine.

What is a more cost friendly product that comes in this needle applicator?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Cont using your current grease and use a "q-tip" for applaction.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't really make grease go out a needle.

Synco Superlube is an excellent grease product for firearms where grease is appropriate.  They also have a high viscosity oil in a needle tip precision oiler.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the replies. After some research I ended up ordering slip2000 ewg and ballistol. The slip claims to work in cold temps contrary to conventional grease.

Cheers
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want cold temperature performance you should get TW25B.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Wilson Combat used to have a White colored grease in a syringe. They change over to a brown grease that isn't as good. I think TWB25 was what was in their early ones. So that's what I am using now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a cartridge of Mobil1 synthetic.
Should last you a long time for gun use.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Mobil 1 or high temp synthetic grease. Tube or can will last years. Super cold weather I either go dry or use Kano Labs spray-on dry moly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Shooters choice synthetic grease. Comes in syringe. Works great. Doesn't move around when hot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooters choice synthetic grease. Comes in syringe. Works great. Doesn't move around when hot.
View Quote

I use this, so far no issues from double digits below zero up to the 90's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I just get a tube of synthetic lithium grease at a hardware store. Lasts forever and works well. People put too much thought into grease. Pretty much any automotive grease works well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just get a tube of synthetic lithium grease at a hardware store. Lasts forever and works well. People put too much thought into grease. Pretty much any automotive grease works well.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Buy a tube of Mobile 1 synthetic marine (it's blue). My wife brought home a catheter syringe with a big gauge needle.  I can put it anywhere the expensive lubes can go.  Used it for quite a while.  

However, I got lazy and went back to clp.

I still use it for my surf reels though.

Edit- damn!  I need to pay attention to the date last posted.  Sorry.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
WalMart or Tractor Supply.

Lubri-Matic High Speed Trailer Wheel Bearing and Marine waterproof  Corrosion Control grease in tubes.  Lifetime supply of the best there is.  

If you cannot find it Mobil 1 synthetic red.

Lotsa the red stuff in syringes is repackaged Mobil 1.

(If Mobil Blue is waterproof, probably better than red.  I have only used the first two and never seen Mobil Blue.)
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I've used Tetra grease for over 25 years and haven't found anything that does any better so I'm still using it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I had an answer to this question.  I use Mobil 1 Wheel Bearing grease on Revolvers, but it's just too viscous for use on auto pistols IMHO.  I've used the Possness Warren grease for many years and thought it was the best solution -- not the cheapest, but really good stuff.  The past year, or so, I've been using TW25B and it has proven to be superior in many ways.  It stays put.  It doesn't accumulate crud (like the lithium greases do<i.e. Tetris>).  And, it works for longer periods of time than other stuff I've tried -- sometimes, shit happens and I don't have time to clean and prepare a gun the way I'd like to.  And, it doesn't stain my leather and clothes like petroleum lubricants do.

I buy the 4 oz. tube of TW25B and refill the needle syringe from it.

For me, it's worth the expense and trouble to use it.

After reading some of the above remarks, I think I'll give Mobil 1 a try on the 1911 and see if it gets me through a match.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 good stuff
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#18]
EWL from Slip is good stuff.  A little pricey. Tetra is good also. A lot of people use the Mobil 1.
Don't overthink it.  Any good lube will work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I use Yamalube synthetic grease.  Designed for the marine invironment.  I was turned on to it by a saltwater reel repair sight.  It's blue too. kinda cool.  I guess.  I use an IV syringe for applications.    

One tube will last a lifetime.  

But.....   Grease is grease.   As long as you use something.  

A stick of butter would work in an emergency.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[snip]

A stick of butter would work in an emergency.
View Quote

After a while they are going to smell you coming.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#21]
I enjoy reading these,  I have used red wheel bearing grease,  clp, froglube, and mobile 1 engine oil 15w50 ,  I am no high round shooter but I found they all work similar.

I shoot Glocks 90% of the time,  I did notice with the mobile 1 it cleaned up better than the other lubes.  I shoot reloads only with some of the black bullets that make a mess.

I wish aeroshell didnt smell so bad because I would use it,  but man it stinks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I shoot Glocks 90% of the time
View Quote

There is till metal on metal down under the slide.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
+1 on the Synco Superlube. Bought a tube for about 6 bucks through Home Depot. It is used on all the slides of my semiauto's.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top