Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 10:05:38 PM EDT
i've had this 17 for about a year and a half. i looked up the serial and it was made in early '91. Im guessing it was police issue, it looked like it been holstered a million times or dragged on asphalt.
So i was shooting today with the magazine it came with and i didnt make it through a full mag before a round got caught underneath the ramp.
then to make thanks a little worse, i noticed shells were ejecting between my arms.

so what do you think? new mags and spring upgrades? bent/ worn out ejector, or extractor?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
in my experience about 80% its the magazine 10% its the shooter other 10% is something internally. Get a new mag then go from there
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Need s new mag spring. Maybe even a new recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
just loaded the old mag with rem umc 115 gr. and a newer korean mag with the same. im going to go shoot tomorrow afternoon and i'll see what happens and watch for differences between them. i'll check back in after that and write an essay about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
so the ftf was definitely a magazine issue. but dumb me forgot to even watch where the shells were ejecting. but more than likely if the were ejecting between my arms again i would have noticed. thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top