Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2014 8:07:37 PM EDT
i disassembled my 92fs and now i cant properly reassemble it. i have tried it soo many times but still its no use. i have seen plenty of reassembly videos on youtube and in those vedeos the people just take the slide right off and back on very smoothly but every time i try to put it back on, half way through, the guide rod slips off the notch its supposed to rest on. i have tried to make sure that the guide rod is pushed down towards the barrel as much as possible and is firmly held in place but still it comes off everytime i try to put the slide back on. and if i ignore the guide rod and just go on and pull back the slide and pull up the slide release lever it gets reassembled but doesnt function properly and doesnt fire. please advise me on how to fix this problem...
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
can you post a picture of what the slide assembly looks like before you try to place it on the frame?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ummm. you do have the spring on the guide rod, right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, make sure the spring and guide rod are in the exact center of the barrel lug. Sometimes you need to push the little locking pin on the dis assembly lever to release it. This is the little pin on the right hand side of the gun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a vid I made on how to clean a Beretta 92FS a long time ago. Skip to 6:20 for reassembly of the gun. Hope this helps

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
yes i have the spring and the guide rod assembled on the slide just the way iv seen in the reassembly videos on youtube... btw i took a photo of the slide assembly on my phone but couldn't figure out how to insert it in the reply without the url
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, make sure the spring and guide rod are in the exact center of the barrel lug. Sometimes you need to push the little locking pin on the dis assembly lever to release it. This is the little pin on the right hand side of the gun.
View Quote

i think it is in the centre... isnt that locking pin just to pull the lever down and release the slide.? if yes then i have the slide off just cant put it back on with the guide rod held in its place. and the lever is also down as it was right after releasing the slide
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a vid I made on how to clean a Beretta 92FS a long time ago. Skip to 6:20 for reassembly of the gun. Hope this helps

http://youtu.be/EzToMxHY3D0?list=UUFu65vXZ593lj7EpTjDRjnA

View Quote

Thankyou for the link. I really think that im doing it exactly as you did it in the video but still when i put the slide on the frame and pull it back the guide rod slips of the locking block. i have tried to make sure that the guide rod is secured properly in its place by monkeying with it a bit and pushing it down towards the barrel but still its no use.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top