Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:06:23 PM EDT
Was directed from the handgun main forum to here.

How the heck does one go about blank fire adapting a pistol?

More specifically two FN FNX-45s. I can't for the life of me find a business that offers that service. So I'm resorting to (if I missed someone who offers that service) doing it myself... or just having a gunsmith do it... if one knows how to do that.

Any old movie armorers on here that can lend some advice? Or anyone with some business contacts they can direct me to?

Won't use prop guns. Sorry. There's not just FN FNXs, there are Berettas, USPs, Glock.. tons of crap. Good crap, but lots of it. So I need help.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to constrict the bore of the barrel and reduce the amount of engagement of the upper lug.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
nd make sure it CANNOT chamber a non-blank round.
Even the gas from a 'blank gun' is deadly at short range.

Human tissue and many thousand PSI gas are a bad combination.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can find a Gunsmith locally who can provide services for that. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
In many case converting to a straight blow-back action is what you end up with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top