Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2014 3:53:57 PM EDT
My revolver's hand broke in my S&W586.  It cost me about 20 bucks for the part and 100 in the swear jar but its fixed.

http://youtu.be/KFbsSKdvImQ

Check out the video if you want to see the inner workings of a S&W revolver.  Gunsmiths and experienced revolver guys won't get too much from this vid.  I also swapped out the rebound spring for a slightly lighter one 15lbs to 13 pounds.  

Larry Potterfields videos are a huge help to most gun owners!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Better then breaking your own hand...
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Better then breaking your own hand...
View Quote

True enough and much better of a reply than if I named the video Smith & Wesson handjob.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I re- broke a metacarpal in my right hand shooting 125 grain Norma +P in a S&W model 10. Originally broke it training with a night stick in a police academy. Thought it was healed. Doc returned me to work. The recoil from one round re-fractured it. Mega pain. That's why you train with both hands.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a cool story.  I was just loading some 125s with win  296 last night.

Was it the 5th metacarpal aka the boxers fracture.  Who won the fight?   I was young once and might of had that same break.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top