Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2014 3:52:58 PM EDT
I have a HK USP I bought used. It looks like it has been refinished before but with a paint like finish or something its chipping away like cera-hide i have seen on other forums. Id like to have it refinished to basically stock grayish / black (just the slide barrel is fine)and a finish that sticks or absorbs to the metal not this paint looking stuff. What are some solid places to get this refinished for a decent price?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
How about having it refinished by H&K.
Contact customer service here:

http://www.hk-usa.com/warranty.asp
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
See if you can chemically remove the coating, the original finish might still be in good condition.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw where someone cerakoted theirs and it looked pretty good it was more black than stock finish but my frame is OD green so it should look all right. Found local shop in Fairbanks that does it. Stripped slide and dropped it off today. I will post pictures of before and after in the HK section when i get it back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm about to get a frame and slide cerakoted Sig Dark Gray, I think it's the darkest of the grays.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Sig 229 that sounds very similar to your HK. Many years ago(12+), I had the slide and small parts professionally coated with a sprayed on and then baked finish. It looked good for awhile but after all these years of daily carry it looks horrible...it's time for a refinish. I looked into quite a few different places and finish options and decided on having Robar do the slide with their NP3 finish and the frame done with Roguard for a two tone look. From what I've read, these finishes are supposed to be very durable and they look great. I'm hoping to get mine done in the next couple months.

http://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/np3/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top